Nerf guns are a great way to have some fun with your friends. They are quite harmless, and there is never really a wrong time to play with them. You can play with them inside your home or outdoors.
A Nerf gun is a toy that fires out foam darts and balls. Hasbro makes these toys. They are suitable for all ages. Most people would consider this the safest toy gun for young kids. This is because the bullet darts of these guns are quite harmless. They are made of soft materials like foam, plastic, and rubber. Even when kids hit someone with this gun, it is unlikely to cause any injury. You can have a lot of fun with your kids with this gun.
This toy is the perfect gift for your kids, and if you are looking for a good Nerf gun, then you have come to the right place. Below are some of the best Nerf guns along with age suitable for the gun. But before that, take a look at some of the most essential buyer’s guide for you to find the perfect Nerf gun.
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide
- Best nerf gun for 10-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 9-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 8-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 7-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 6-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 5-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 4-year-olds
- Best nerf gun for 3-year-olds
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Nerf Guns (FAQ)
- 1. What is the appropriate age for Nerf guns?
- 2. Can you get hurt or go bind from a Nerf gun?
- 3. How fast does a Nerf bullet travel?
- 4. How much do Nerf guns cost?
- 5. Do Nerf guns take batteries?
- Related posts:
Nerf guns are available in all shapes and sizes. You will find tons of them in the market. A good Nerf gun is quite easy to find. However, you need to know everything about them so that you can find the best Nerf gun for your kid and even for yourself.
Nerf guns are available in several types. You may prefer one over the other since each gun has its pros and cons. Consider all the options and choose the model which you think is best for you. Here are the types of Nerf guns which are available and why you should buy it:
- Automatic: The automatic Nerf gun is one of the most popular types of Nerf guns. It is suitable for kids of all ages. The automatic Nerf guns are battery-powered. These guns also have a rapid-fire mode which allows you to shoot multiple darts at a time. But the one downside of automatic Nerf gun is the requirement of batteries on standby.
- Bolt-action: The bolt-action guns may not be as popular as the automatic guns, but that does not mean they are bad. This bolt action is excellent for shooting darts one at a time. You will find this type in guns that are designed to emulate a hunting rifle. If your kid is a fan of hunting, then this gun would be the perfect one to get.
- Pump-action: Pump-action Nerf guns are perfect for the kids who love shotguns. These guns can shoot larger darts which means they are more dangerous.
- Hammer-action: The hammer action Nerf guns do not require a battery to shoot, which means that you don’t have to spend your money on buying batteries. You can easily shoot darts anywhere anytime. However, they are slower compared to automatic Nerf guns. You will need some practice if you want to shoot some darts.
If you know a little something about Nerf guns, then you probably know that one size does not fit all. They come in different sizes. Some are large while some are very small. A large gun may not be comfortable for a small child to hold. Similarly, getting a small gun for a big kid will not be the best idea. Buy a gun that suits the user so that it will not be uncomfortable for your kid to play with.
You can buy Nerf darts separately. However, they are expensive. Therefore, buying Nerf guns that come with its darts can save you a lot of money. Some guns can come with as many as 25 darts. It will increase the initial price of the gun, but it is a much better choice instead of buying the darts separately.
You can find tons of Nerf guns on the market. The price of these guns will have different price tags ranging from cheap to expensive. But you can even find some great guns for a very reasonable price. Hence, you shouldn’t go over your budget to get those expensive guns unless you have a lot of money lying around. If you are buying a Nerf gun for the first time for your kid, then buy a cheap one. You never know if they might love it or hate it.
Best nerf gun for 10-year-olds
Nerf N-Strike Elite Rhino Gun
Last but certainly not least; Nerf N-Strike Elite Rhino is another amazing gun from Nerf. It is one of the most intimidating Nerf guns you will find on the market. It has a double-barrel action with each having its drum that can hold up to 25 elite darts. The barrels alternate after each shot and can unleash 50 darts in a row upon your enemy. All you have to do is pull the trigger, and you will be able to hit targets up to 90 feet away. It also comes with a tripod which stabilizes your shot. Get your Rhino Nerf gun for an epic battle.
- The gun comes with two barrels that alternate after each shot.
- Each barrel has its dart drum which can hold up to 50 darts in total
- It comes with a removable tripod which is excellent for providing stability and accuracy
- The Nerf package comes with 50 elite darts
- Fires darts up to 90 feet
This double-barrel Nerf gun is very powerful and is more suitable for ages ten and above. It has a unique design with two barrels, each of them having their dart drum offering. One drum can hold 25 darts which allows you to shoot up to 50 darts in a row from the two barrels. You can dominate your opponent with such huge firepower. This product will cost you roughly about $100. But with what the gun offers, along with the 50 elite darts, this Nerf gun is simply irresistible. Your kid will have hours of fun with this Nerf gun.
Best nerf gun for 9-year-olds
Nerf Longstrike Modulus Gun, Barrel Extension, Bipod, Scopes, 3 Six-Dart Clips
The Nerf Longstrike Modulus is another great Nerf gun. This gun is a little expensive at about $70. However, the features that come with it make it worth the money. This Nerf gun can be customized just the way you want. You can customize it for any type of battle and challenge. The barrel can be extended. You can also customize the bipod as well as the scope. It has powerful firepower, which makes it very appealing.
- The barrel, bipod, and scope can be customized to match your battle and missions
- This gun comes with 18 official darts from Nerf and six other dart clips.
- You can fire six darts in a row using the bolt action
- You can load one clip while storing two other clips in the shoulder stock. This allows for a quick reload.
This Nerf gun is more suitable if your child is nine years or above since it requires some modification to exploit the full potential of the gun. If your kid gets the hang of it, then he will have the best time. It can be used as a sniper rifle, so if your kid loves to pretend like a sniper, then he will love this gun.
Best nerf gun for 8-year-olds
Nerf Megalodon N-Strike Toy Blaster
The Megalodon N-Strike is another amazing Nerf gun. This gun can fire up to twenty darts in a row. The gun comes with a rotating drum that can hold 20 darts. This allows you to carry enough darts in a battle with your friends. With this gun, you can either fire one dart at a time or all 20 darts at one go. Just crank the handle back and forth if you want to fire one dart at a time. To fire all the darts, just put the mode to slam-fire action. This gun will shoot darts up to 26 meters.
- The rotating drum can hold up to 20 darts which allows you to carry enough darts on the battlefield.
- Fire either one dart or all 20 darts at one go with the slam-fire action.
- Fire darts up to 26 meters
- The blaster comes with 20 darts in the box
This gun is suitable for eight-year-olds. The slam-fire action is an awesome feature that every eight-year-old kid would love. The unique design is also very appealing among kids; you can get this product for under $40.
Best nerf gun for 7-year-olds
Nerf N-Strike Hyper Fire Blaster
The Nerf N-Strike Hyper Fire is one of the best Nerf guns you can buy. It is also the fastest firing Nerf gun. It can fire up to 5 darts in a second. The dart drum can hold up to 25 darts. It is a fully motorized blaster. All you have to do is press the acceleration button and pull the trigger. You will need four D batteries to fire this gun. This gun can shoot darts up to 90 feet.
- Fastest Nerf gun that can shoot five darts in one second
- The dart drum can hold 25 darts
- Can fire darts up to 27 meters (90 feet)
- This gun comes with 25 darts, and it will require four D batteries to fire the darts
If you have a seven-year-old at home, then this is probably the best gift you can get. You can get this Nerf gun for about $50. The rapid-fire and easy operation makes this one of the best Nerf gun available for a young kid. This gun will have your kid running around for hours playing with friends. It is a must-have gun for a powerful addition to your kids’ toy collection.
Best nerf gun for 6-year-olds
Star Wars Rogue One Nerf Blaster Gun
Star Wars Rogue One Nerf Blaster is the best toy gun that you can give to a Star Wars fan. It is a pump-action Nerf blaster that comes with GlowStrike technology. This technology provides light effects. The glow-in-the-dark darts glow when you fire them. This toy gun also has sound effects that make unique sounds when you shoot them. It is also suitable for kids who love a shotgun because this gun can shoot three darts at a time.
- This gun is a pump-action Nerf gun that can shoot up to three darts at a time.
- The darts can glow when they are fired.
- It has a GlowStrike technology which provides light effects for futuristic design
- It comes with three darts in the pack
- This gun makes unique sounds when fired.
This Star Wars Nerf gun is suitable for six-year-olds. With this Nerf gun, your child can pretend to be a Stromtrooper and fire up to 3 darts at a time. This Nerf gun features a GlowStrike which makes this an awesome gun to play with. It’s lightweight and safety makes this toy gun suitable for young kids. You can get this product from a little over $25. You should consider this gun for what it offers at its price.
Best nerf gun for 5-year-olds
LilPals’ Fire Snow Leopard Sniper Toy Nerf Gun
LilPals’ Fire Snow Leopard is the perfect toy for kids that love sniper mode. This gun has a very durable material that allows it to survive all kinds of punishment that kids have in store for their toys. It is a great toy that makes for a great holiday gift and birthdays as well. If you have a kid at home who loves sniper rifles, then you should just get him this without looking any further. Your child will spend hours and hours play, pretending to be an expert sniper.
When your kid pulls the trigger, the gun will produce sounds that resemble real gunshots. The LED lights will also turn on to make the gun as realistic as possible. This gives your child an amazing experience while playing with the toy gun.
- This LilPals’ toy gun is an electric battery-powered toy gun that produces amazing sound and lights.
- The LED lights will flash when you pull the trigger. It will also make gunshot sounds for a life-like experience.
- The durable construction allows your child to play for hours and hours without damaging the gun.
- This gun is perfect for kids to pretend to play a sniper.
The lightweight and safety make this gun perfect for five-year-old kids. It does not shoot any bullets, so you don’t have to worry about your child injuring anyone while playing with the gun. This gun is sure to make your child happy for hours and hours. You can get this product at just over $25. If you are looking for a gift, then you should consider this option.
Best nerf gun for 4-year-olds
POKONBOY 2 Pack Blaster Nerf Guns, 60 Soft Foam Darts
This POKONBOY 2 pack gun is a great toy that shoots soft foam darts. You can gift this toy to your kid during birthdays and holidays. For under $18, you can get two guns, one blue and the other orange, so that your child can play with another friend. This toy also comes with 60 pieces of soft foam bullets. This gun has a great build quality which makes it suitable for even adults to play with. It fires up to 40 feet. It is easy to reload and shoot. This powerful gun shoots out darts to give an almost real gun like experience. Though the gun is powerful, the bullets are very soft, so it is quite harmless.
- These toy guns come in two numbers and 60 pieces of soft foam bullets
- This gun is made with ABS plastic which is safe for the environment.
- The POKONBOY has a solid and durable build which provides sufficient speed for the dart to travel up to 40 feet.
- Lightweight and easy to reload.
- Safe foam bullets
This gun is an excellent choice for four-year-olds. If you have a four-year-old kid at home, then you should buy this gun for him. It’s lightweight and safe bullets makes it perfect for young boys. Your child will also be able to play with his friend since this toy comes with two guns for two people. You won’t have to worry about your child getting injured with the soft foam bullets. The easy reload and fast-firing also makes this gun an excellent choice. And the best thing is that it comes with 60 pieces of bullets which means that you won’t have to pay extra cash to buy darts.
Best nerf gun for 3-year-olds
CifToys Nerf Combat Military Machine Gun, LED Flashing Lights with Sound Effects
This toy gun is a great choice if you want to give it to your kid as a gift. It comes just under $20 and has an amazing build. It is designed to look like a military machine gun. It also comes with an LED light that flashes when you pull the trigger. Besides the light, this toy gun also produces sound effects similar to a machine gun to give your child a realistic experience for role-playing.
- This toy gun has a design that portrays a realistic military gun for your child to play. It will have your child playing with it for hours of fun
- This toy gun has lights and sound effects for a realistic experience for your child. The LED lights flash to mimic a firing gun while the sound effects provide the sound of gunshots from a machine gun
- This toy gun has great attention to detail. The gun is constructed with great care, so that paint job along with the bright LED lights and clear sound effects give your child a wonderful experience.
The small size and light weight make this gun perfect for three-year-olds. It is easy to carry around and doesn’t take time to assemble. It also comes with a strap for your child to carry around. Overall, your child will love this gun. You can be assured that your child will have hours of fun time playing with this toy gun. If you are looking for something cheap and suitable for three-year-olds, then you should get this toy gun for your child.
These are some of the best Nerf guns you can find in the market. Consider all the factors and buy the one which suits you or your child the best. It is important to consider age compatibility as well as your budget. Just read the review carefully, and you will find the best Nerf gun.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Nerf Guns (FAQ)
1. What is the appropriate age for Nerf guns?
Answer: Nerf guns come in different sizes and with different power. Most of the guns can be suitable for kids who are over the age of 3. However, high-powered models are more appropriate for older kids. These guns can be played by adults as well.
2. Can you get hurt or go bind from a Nerf gun?
Answer: No, impacts from Nerf guns are unlikely to cause any harm since the darts are made up of soft materials like foam, plastic, and rubber which are safe. However, getting hit in the eye can be dangerous, so you need to be careful and look where you shoot.
3. How fast does a Nerf bullet travel?
Answer: The speed of a Nerf bullet depends on the type of the gun. Some Nerf guns shoot at a higher power than the others. However, a bullet from a normal Nerf gun travels at a speed of around 30 to 40 mph.
4. How much do Nerf guns cost?
Answer: Nerf guns usually cost about 20 dollars up to a hundred dollars. However, you can get a decent gun from a very reasonable price. Some of the best products just cost around 50 dollars. The higher-end guns have more firepower and are customizable based on your mission.
5. Do Nerf guns take batteries?
Answer: The requirement of batteries depends upon the model of the gun. Most of the guns will not require any batteries and will work right out of the box. However, some of the motorized guns will require a battery for you to play with them.