For many years, remote control cars have been one of the most popular gadgets loved by children and even adults. Well, not all adults may agree that they liked to play with remote control cars. But the majority of folks who are adults today used to enjoy playing with these fun toys, and building your own car with one of the best build your own RC car kits it’s fun and challenging.
Almost every kid dreams of owning a toy that will attract the attention of other kids. And owning something as cool as a remote control car is a sure-fire to get all eyes on them. But wouldn’t it be fantastic if they can build their favorite toy using their hands? As kids, not many of us had a chance to build our very own RC cars. But you can provide this fantastic project to your little one.
Back in the good old days, most toys, including the cars, used to come pre-assembled and prefabricated. Nowadays, you can pretty much buy a lot of active toys and gadgets that your kids can enjoy assembling or building. When it comes to purchasing car kits that you can build by yourself at home, there are several options.
If you’re kind of skeptical about allowing your kid to build his car, you seriously need to reconsider your thought. Of course, if your kid is still too young, and you’re concerned about him hurting himself in the process, that’s an exception. But if that’s not the case, it’s time that you let your kid have his share of fun by giving him a chance to build something all by himself. And yes, numerous types of car kits are recommended for different age groups (adults included), and their level of expertise.
Why then, is it a good idea to build your RC car using a lot? Well, there are many benefits to doing so, especially for children. Learning to built something, an RC car, in this case, is not only fun. But it’s educational for the kids as well.
Table of Contents
Benefits of building your own RC car
- It’s the most effective way to instill the basic building or engineering and mechanical skills into your kid’s brain.
- Learning to assemble the parts improves problem-solving skills.
- It helps improve creativity and motor skills.
- Instead of merely playing around with a factory-built toy, they will have a better understanding of how each and every component work.
- They’ll also get a feeling of achievement or a taste of hard work. Developing such a good attitude at a tender age is a great thing.
- Being able to use their own imagination and ideas to build something will make them more self-reliant and confident.
- Lastly, there will be trials and errors, which is a good thing because it helps the children learn from their mistakes.
If you want your kid to develop new skills like imagination, problem-solving, creativity, social and communication skills, you can also try to encourage him to play a board game along with the entire family or along with kids of his age.
By now, you may have realized the good side and the importance of building your own remote control car or assigning this fun project to your children.
List of the best build your own RC car kits
1. Lingxuinfo racing car building kit
The Lingxuinfo 3181 is a very cool looking sports car kit. As its name suggests, it comes with a whopping 3181 pieces, which offers a whole new level of challenge for the skilled and experienced users.
- Compatible with other brands.
This remote control car kit is compatible with all major brands on the market. It means you don’t necessarily have to follow the instructions strictly. Since its parts are compatible with other kits, it allows for a more challenging project. It also provides room for the children to bring alive their creative ideas.
- Made of high-quality plastic.
For something to hold more than three thousand pieces together, it must be a robust and durable plastic. It’s true. The car kit is made out of eco-friendly, super tough, and durable plastic. Each part has a smooth and rounded edge to make it friendly for both children and adults.
- Easy to follow instructions.
Trying to put 3181 pieces surely is a challenging thing even for the adults. If at all building this car seems too daunting, you can always make use of the instructions, which is explained straightforwardly and easily.
However, using the instructions may spoil the fun. Unless it is necessary, we do not recommend following the instructions.
- Well crafted with durable plastic pieces
- Eco friendly
- Its compatibility with other brands makes it more versatile and offers more challenges.
- Its pieces are many. Once it is unboxed, it is easy to lose the parts.
2. LEGO Technic Remote-Controlled Stunt Tracked Racer
In a world of remote control cars, LEGO needs no introduction. This model is undoubtedly one of the coolest RC cars that have a very unique and cool design. It features both military vehicle like design, and a death race car-like design.
Apart from its impressive visual appearance, it can also perform a number of stunts with just a press of a button.
- Introduce your children to engineering.
Although it might not sound realistic, it is true that kids can understand the basic engineering principles when they’re engaged with stuff like this. The LEGO Technic has a small but realistic mechanism and movement.
- Play with it or display it.
When fully assembled, this car can be used as a decorative piece. Of course, you can also play with it.
- Incredible acceleration.
Equipped with huge tracks, two large motors, and large sprockets, the LEGO Technic has a very quick response and great acceleration.
- More fun and challenge.
Its ability to perform a 360-degree turn is an added bonus. Also, it can be transformed into an off-road truck or a race car which provides cool new challenges and new opportunities to the kids.
- Composed of 370 pieces, which makes it less complicated for the starters.
- It is made of high-quality plastics that offer high durability.
3. FXQIN remote control sports car engineering kit
The FXQIN RC car is one of the few products that are suitable for both boys and girls. Constructed out of kid-friendly ABS plastics, this model comes with a straightforward remote control, which makes it easy and fun to use.
- Two in one RC car.
With only 335 plastic parts, children can effortlessly build two different cars. They can choose to transform their toy cars whenever and wherever they want.
- Safe, non-toxic ABS material.
Each plastic part has smooth edges making it safe for the children. It’s also washable, which means kids can wash all the plastic pieces in case it gets dirty.
- Encourages teamwork.
This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Construction RC car that fosters teamwork. It can greatly help children to develop their social skills.
- Features like the 2 in 1 allow the kids to understand their toy from all angles and sides thereby broadening their understanding of the things around them.
- The FXQIN can easily run or operate for 30 minutes, which means more fun time.
- Some parts are small enough to be considered as a choking hazard for small children.
4. FXQIN Building Blocks Car With Remote Control
This model is amongst the best remote control car kit you can buy for your children. In a digital world, not many parents succeed in keeping their children engaged with educational or productive activities. Kids in a modern world would rather sit at home and play with mobile phones or tablets.
If you’re in a similar situation, the FXQIN robot, remote control car, might fix your problem. Simply buy this great educational toy for your kid as a birthday gift; he/ she will absolutely love it.
- Non-toxic kids friendly toy.
Not all toys are kids friendly. Some have lead or other heavier metals, which can hurt the children if it is dropped. This is not the case with this car as it is free from phthalates, lead, and other toxic materials.
- Functional robot or car.
Keep your kids entertained, learning, and have lots of fun with this cool educational toy. It can be turned into a robot or a car by moving several pieces. And the good thing is that whether it’s made into a car or a robot, both are operational.
- Suitable for both boys and girls. Not all girls may love cars or robots, but since this toy is a combination of both, this makes it cool and versatile.
- A cool way to keep your children away from the screen.
- Thirty minutes runtime and 35 meters remote control distance.
5. FXQIN 3 in 1 RC car building blocks
Here is the last but also the best one on our list. It looks absolutely stunning, and it’s packed with a lot of cool features. Let’s take a closer look.
- 3 in 1 feature.
This feature is the most loved feature of this RC car kit. It can be made into a tracked car, a racing tank, or even a tumbler robot.
- Added fun in learning.
Remote control cars are fun, but they cannot perform the functions of a robot. When this toy is in operation as a robot, it can move in each and every direction. Learning such advanced and versatile maneuvers can help the kids improve hand-eye coordination.
Toys are meant to get dirty and messy. But it won’t be an issue because the FXQIN 3in 1 robot/RC car is made of non-toxic, durable, and washable ABS plastic.
- Multi-function toy which you can use to provide your children
with endless fun.
- Well-crafted and extremely durable
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding RC Car Kits
How much does it cost to build an RC car?
There isn’t a specific answer to this question. It’s rather about what type of car you want to build and how much you are willing to spend.
There are numerous types of remote control car kits on the market. Some are compatible with others, which offer a wider range of options. You can even order custom parts, which are usually more expensive.
So, if you want to build a basic RC car, you can do so with a few hundred dollars or just a hundred if you want to keep it minimal. But if you’re looking to build a more powerful one with lots of advanced features, it may cost you somewhere between 600 to 800 dollars or even up to a thousand dollars.
What parts do you need to build an RC car?
Although it may be small, RC cars have a lot of parts. Below are the basic components required to build an RC car.
- Gear differential
- Chassis( often comes with the wheels, differentials and steering mechanism)
- Motor (Brushless Direct Current motors works best).
- Electronic Speed Controller/ reversible motor controller
- A battery pack and a charger
- Remote control
- Front and rear axle
What is a good remote control car for beginners?
For beginners, it’s always best to opt for something that does not have complex or complicated steps. If you’re ordering a car kit for yourself, it won’t really matter whether you opt for a simple model or the one recommended for experienced builders.
But if it’s for the children, and he or she does not have any experience, it’s best to choose a simple RC car kit like the FXQIN remote control sports car engineering kit (third on our list). It doesn’t have a lot of pieces, and it is pretty easy to figure out how it is built.
The worst thing you can do is expect your kid to build a complicated car on his own. A little supervision would be good in this case. If they’re given something that’s out of their league, they will get frustrated instead of having fun.