Essential oil is a liquid that is extracted from plants and has a ton of benefits. They come in about ninety types, and each of them has its purpose. The best essential oils to clean the air can be obtained from leaves, herbs, and tree barks by using several methods like distillation and cold pressing. Pure essential oils are free from any chemicals.
Essential oils have a lot of uses and benefits. One of the most common uses of essential oil is aromatherapy. It is a healing treatment that improves your well being by uplifting your mind and body. It also relieves stress and boosts your energy. Some people also use it as a beauty product. Besides these uses, the essential oil is excellent for cleaning the air.
If you experience a horrible smell in your home along with stale air, then you might want to use essential oils for it. The air fresheners which you get from the market might do the job, but it is not healthy at all. They are made using hundreds of chemicals. If you use them for a long time, then it might develop some health issues in your family. This is why essential oils are a much better choice instead of those commercial air fresheners.
Table of Contents
- How to use the essential oils?
- Buying Guide for Essential Oils:
- The top 6 best essential oils to clean the air reviewed in details
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Essential Oils (FAQ)
- 1. Do essential oils really clean the air?
- 2. What essential oils kill germs in the air?
- 3. What essential oils are good for killing bacteria?
- 4. How do you clean your house with essential oils?
- Related posts:
How to use the essential oils?
You might be wondering how to use essential oil to clean the air in your home. It is very simple. You just have to follow the steps, and the foul odors will go away while also releasing fresh aroma into your home. You will be experiencing fresher and cleaner air in no time.
An oil diffuser or a diffuser purifier is very helpful and gives the best result. If you have decided on using essential oils to clean the air in your home, then you should also invest in a good oil diffuser. It is one of the best ways to purify your home with essential oils.
To clean your air, add about 2-6 drops of essential oil along in a diffuser along with about 170ml of water. If you have infants at home, then reduce the number of drops to about 1-2. Diffusing oil for about 15-25 minutes will do the job for a medium-sized room. If your rooms are bigger, you can increase the amount of diffusing time. If need be, you can diffuse 2-3 times in a day.
You mustn’t overuse the essential oil as it may cause some issues like a strong smell and a runny nose. You might also experience headaches and teary eyes.
Buying Guide for Essential Oils:
To get the best essential oil for yourself, you must keep in mind the following factors. These tips will help you in finding what you want and what you should look for while buying essential oils:
- Always buy pure essential oils. Avoid the ones that have ‘fragrance oil’ or ‘perfume oil’ written on them. They are not the purest form of essential oils.
- Never buy essential oils that contain vegetable oil. You can test this by simply putting some drops on a paper. If you notice an oily ring appearing on it, then it probably contains vegetable oil.
- An essential oil that lists the Latin name along with the common name is the ones that you should get. They should also have the name of the country where it originated. All the good essential oils will have these three things listed on their label.
- The best essential oils must always come in a dark-colored glass. The transparent glass may spoil the oil by exposing it to unfiltered light.
- Avoid essential oils that come in plastic bottles instead of glass bottles. Essential oils can dissolve plastic, and once they dissolve, it is likely to contaminate the oil. However, if you buy essential oil online, it might arrive in a plastic container to avoid breakage. In this type of instance, transfer the oil into a glass container immediately.
- Even if you fall in love with a product, never buy dozens of them. Essential oils can last you for a long time, even if you use it very frequently. Purchasing them in bulk will only lead to waste.
- Be wary of essential oils that have a certain type of grading written on its label. It is just an attempt by the seller to fool the buyer into purchasing the product. Essential oils do not have any type of grading system. Some examples of fake grading can be ‘therapeutic grade’ and ‘aromatherapy grade.’
- Always avoid buying an old bottle of essential oils. Essential oils lose their therapeutic properties over time as they start oxidizing. One way to know if an essential oil is old or new is by checking the dust on top. An old bottle will start to collect dust if it has been sitting around for a long time.
The top 6 best essential oils to clean the air reviewed in details
1. Rocky Mountain Oils Purify Essential Oil Blend
The Purify Essential Oil Blend is one of the best essential oils from Rocky Mountain Oils’ Collection. It has a fresh and distinctive lemon scent. Not all essential oils are meant for diffusing. However, with the Purify Essential Oil Blend, you can not only apply it topically but also diffuse it for more effective results.
The diffusing power of this essential oil can effectively clean your atmosphere and also eliminate smoke and other odors. For using this oil topically, you can mix it with any other carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil. Then you can apply it to your desired body parts.
Not only that, but the Purify Essential Oil Blend also comes with a “household icon.” This means that you can use this oil for cleaning purposes as well. You can mix it with water or vinegar in a spray bottle. And use this whenever cleaning the corners of your room, bathroom, or kitchen.
This essential oil is 100% natural and genuine. And also, it does not contain any artificial fragrance and fillers.
- Size – 15 ml
- It has a fresh lemon scent
- Ingredients used – Tea Tree, Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Citronella
- GC/MS Test Approved
- 100% pure and genuine
- It can be used as a diffuser and also for cleaning purposes.
- You can also add this to your detergents while washing clothes.
- Travel-friendly size
- This is a great pick of eliminating odors
- This essential oil is expensive as compared to other available products in the market.
The Purify Essential Oil Blend, as the name suggests, “purify,” is an excellent pick to purify the air around you as it has some antibacterial properties. It has multiple uses. You can use it in your diffuser, apply it to your body, or use it as a cleaning agent. Along with having antibacterial properties, it is antifungal and also anti-septic. Although this essential oil is priced a little higher than other products, it is worth every cent you spend.
2. Natural Riches Five Guards Essential Oil Immunity Synergy Blend
This essential oil is 100% pure and authentic. The five immune-system boosting ingredients used in this oil are Cinnamon, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Clove. This blend was inspired by the ancient tale of French thieves who got through a life-threatening plague by applying rosemary, cloves, and other oils on their bodies.
All these ingredients have great antibacterial and antifungal properties. So, this essential oil can also be effectively used as a diffuser to purify the air and remove any foul odors.
Not only in diffusers, but this is an excellent pick when it comes to cleaning your household and also protecting you from harmful infections. Also, it can be applied topically, but only after you mix it with some carrier oil. This essential oil is processed through strict distillation and packaging. Thus, this ensures you only the highest and best quality products and also provides a clean environment.
- Ingredients – Cinnamon, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Clove
- Size – 30 ml
- Suitable for aromatic therapy and household cleaning
- Topical application
- 100% cash back guarantee
- It is affordable
- This is an excellent pick for protection against common cold or flu
- The scent is strong and long-lasting
- You can use this even in your car diffusers and workplace
- Some people may not prefer the scent of cloves and cinnamon.
The Five Guards Essential Oil Immunity Synergy Blend is an overall great pick at a very affordable price. It is worth every dollar you spend. It has multiple uses- diffusing, cleaning purposes, topical application, laundry, etc. It has a warm cinnamon scent to it, making it the best pick during holidays like Thanksgiving. The only drawback is people who do not prefer a woody scent, may not like this product. However, you can fix this issue by adding one or two drops of lemon or lavender.
3. Good Essential Clean & Fresh Premium Fragrance Oil
Good Essential’s Premium Fragrance Oil range comes in different variations and features. Out of the many options, “Clean & Fresh” is a great pick if you want a fresh and energizing scent all around you.
This fragrance oil is produced only with the highest quality ingredients. It comes bottled in an amber glass bottle. It also has a euro-style dropper making it very easy to use.
You can add some drops on to any type of diffusers for a complete aromatherapy experience. It instantly fills up your room with a fresh scent and gives you an overall good feel. You can also infuse this fragrance oil in your homemade candles, lotions, soaps, slime, etc. to add an extra boost of perfume to it.
Good Essential also provides you a 100% money-back guarantee if their products do not meet your expectations.
- Amber Glass packaging
- It has a euro Dropper
- Size – 10ml
- Weight – 1.6 ounces
- Different variations of fragrances to choose from
- You can mix it with your essential oils
- Easy to dispense and use
- It is one of the cheapest priced products
- This is solely for the aromatic purpose and not a therapeutic product.
This premium fragrance oil is one of the most affordable products available in the market. If you want to add a great boost of fragrance to your surroundings, this is an excellent choice. Also, you can use it in different homemade products. However, this product is not meant for therapeutic purposes. You can add some drops to your regular essential oils if you want a therapeutic experience.
4. Sun Essential Oils To Clean The Air
Sun Essential Oils provide you with high-quality aromatic oils at unbeatable prices. This blend is a mixture of Lemongrass, Lavender, Lemon Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Rosemary. It has great antibacterial properties that aid in cleaning the surrounding atmosphere and removes the foul odor.
You can use this in your diffuser as well as for cleaning purposes. Tea tree and lemon are effective in keeping your rooms free from harmful bacteria. Also, you can use this for massage purposes. However, for this purpose, make sure to dilute it in some carrier oil.
Along with cleaning your air, this oil can also be used as therapeutic oil.
Sun Essential Oils provide you with 100% pure and natural essential oils. It also offers you a 100% refund guarantee on any dissatisfactory grounds.
- Size- 8 Fl Oz
- Ingredients used – Lemongrass, Lavender, Lemon Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Rosemary
- It is suitable for diffusing, cleaning, topical application
- 100% cashback policy
- These are available in great sizes at affordable price
- This essential oil is precisely tested and bottled
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Some people may not prefer its citrus scent
Sun Essentials provide you with different variations in its essential oil range. You can select the desired scent and ingredients depending upon your likes and purposes. This essential oil is also available in different sizes. So, you can buy the smaller ones if you are trying them out for the first time. And once you like them, you can go for the bigger bottles. In a nutshell, this essential oil has multiple uses and is among the most affordable products in the market.
5. Lagunamoon Essential Oils
Lagunamoon Essential Oil is another excellent pick, which is great for cleaning the air. The oils are extracted from the best ingredients to give you the best experience in your daily life. This essential oil comes in 6 different types. They will provide you with all the requirements you have like relaxation, fresh air, and scents, relieving headaches, etc. You can also use this oil with other products like shampoo and conditioners to enhance their effect.
These six essential oils come in a gift pack that you can give to your close ones as well. With all the many uses like diffusion, bathing, and cleaning, it is one of the best essential oil you can buy.
- The essential oils come in six 10ml bottles
- This essential oil is easy to use and dilute
- The six essential oils include peppermint, lemongrass, eucalyptus, sweet orange, lavender, and tea tree
- It can be used for aromatherapy, baths, natural perfume, air freshening, enhancing shampoos and skincare
- The different types are meant for different purposes. Peppermint is for clear thinking, lemongrass is for peace and optimism, eucalyptus is for optimism, orange is for peace, lavender is for enhancing cognitive thinking, and tea tree is for mental strength
- This essential oil is one of the cheapest products with a very affordable price of under $20
- It has multiple uses like diffusing, bathing and cleaning
- Six-in-one package
- It is a great pick for calming down your senses
- No size variation. It is only available in one size.
If you are looking for a good essential oil that can be used for several purposes, then you should consider this product. The fact that it comes with six different types means that you have a lot of options which you can choose anytime you want something new. Its low price also makes it very desirable.
6. Kate Blanc Cosmetics Aromatherapy Essential Oil Blend
Kate Blanc Essential Oil Blend set provides six different types of essential oils. Each type has different ingredients for different purposes. Depending on your preference and need, you can choose the one that suits you best.
These essential oils are 100% pure and made with natural ingredients. Here are the different kinds of variations available:
Head Relief Blend – This blend is a mixture of Lavender, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Frankincense, Orange oil, Rosemary, and Sweet Marjoram oils. It is soothing.
Breathe Blend – This blend is a mixture of Eucalyptus, Bergamont, Rosemary, Peppermint, and Lemon oils. This blend is a great pick for clearing the air from harmful bacteria and promotes healthy breathing.
Relaxation Blend – This is a blend of Sweet Marjoram, Patchouli, and Lavender oils. It helps in reducing stress by soothing the senses.
Stress Relief Blend – This is a great blend that helps in relieving anxiety and stress. It is a mixture of Orange, Bergamont, Ylang Ylang, and Grapefruit.
Health Guardian Blend – This blend effectively boosts your body’s antioxidant defenses. This is a blend of Lemon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Clove, and Cinnamon oils.
Ingredients such as lavender, lemon, Peppermint, Orange, Rosemary, etc. are great in purifying your surrounding air and eliminating any foul odors.
- Six different essential oil variations
- Size – 10 ml bottle
- 100% natural and pure
- 100% cash back guarantee
- You can use these blends for multiple purposes- cleaning, massage, purifying air.
- Affordably priced
- Easy to use
- An excellent choice for gifting friends and family
- Not available in bigger sizes
The Kate Blanc Cosmetic Aromatherapy Essential oil range is an excellent pick at an affordable price. Along with cleaning the air, you can use this essential oil for cleaning your home and also for massage purposes. However, make sure to mix it with few drops of carrier oil since these essential oils are 100% pure and undiluted. Also, you can use this in making homemade candles, soaps, lotions, etc.
Different essential oils provide different benefits and fragrance. An essential oil that works wonders for one person may not be ideal for another. So, the value of essential oil depends solely on the user’s preferences. If you are someone who loves fresh and citrus scents, then opting for lemon-based essential oils may suit you best. But for people who prefer warm scents, this might not be an ideal pick. Instead, they can go for ingredients such as cinnamon or lavender.
Thus, depending upon your preferences and purposes, you can buy the ones that suit you best.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Essential Oils (FAQ)
1. Do essential oils really clean the air?
Yes, essential oils are very effective in cleaning the air. Almost every essential oil contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, which are extremely good for eliminating harmful toxins that are present in your home. You can dispense essential oils in your home by using an oil diffuser.
2. What essential oils kill germs in the air?
Almost all essential oils that purify air have some germ-killing properties. Essential oils that have ingredients such as lemon, tea tree, citronella, sage, eucalyptus are responsible for eliminating germs and harmful bacteria in your surrounding air. So, while buying essential oils, make sure they contain at least one of these ingredients.
3. What essential oils are good for killing bacteria?
If you are searching for an essential oil that eliminates bacteria, then look for essential oils that have orange, peppermint, or lemongrass. Thes Natural Riches Five Guards Essential Oil Immunity Synergy Blend e ingredients are considered among the best for eliminating harmful bacteria and germs that cause infections.
4. How do you clean your house with essential oils?
Cleaning your house with essential oils is very easy. There are several ways to go about it. You can mix it with water and spray it using a sprayer. You can also add it to water to mop your home. If you want to clean the air, you just have to use a diffuser, and it will do the work.