You could be here because your microwave or oven is slowly beginning to give up on you, or you are planning to upgrade your appliance. Or it is your first time getting your hands on them. Whichever reason it may be, you are at the right place and right on time. At the end of this article, you will know which is the best over the range microwave convection oven combo in 2021.
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide
- Here’s a list of the best over the range microwaves convection oven combo in 2021:
- Are microwaves over the range out of style?
- Does a microwave convection oven need to be vented?
- How long do over the range microwave last?
- Do microwaves with convection ovens work well?
- Is a convection microwave the same as a convection oven?
- Can you toast in a convection microwave?
- Can tin foil go in a convection oven?
- Can you cook frozen dinners in a convection oven?
- Related posts:
With 2021 just freshly commencing, it is an ideal time to invest in a quality product and start your year right. But shopping for the best over the range microwave convection oven can get quite complicated. But fret not, brush up on the tips provided here, and you will land yourself with the most satisfactory product.Before discussing the best over the range microwave convection oven of 2021, let’s first look into the things to consider when hunting for a microwave convection oven.
There are several things to look into before making your purchase:
- Firstly, select the capacity and the size depending on your kitchen space and how big your family is. Also, the unit comes in various widths, so it is essential to check the measurement of your kitchen’s range before picking any.
- The next thing to look for is the settings that microwave convection oven offers. So you will need to pick which best works for you carefully.
- Another thing to consider is their ventilation system since they come in two different forms. One vent through a duct and the other is ductless recirculation.
- Check the power watts.
- Check the brands; it might help you narrow down your selection.
The over the range microwave convection oven, unlike the other conventional appliances, offers the flexibility to cook a varied range of food items, faster, giving tastier foods.
Here’s a list of the best over the range microwaves convection oven combo in 2021:
- Sharp Over-The-Range Convection Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
- Frigidaire Over the Range Microwave
- LG Stainless Steel Over-The-Range Microwave
- Sharp 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- GE JNM3163DJBB Microwave Oven
- LG 30” Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave
- Sharp (SMO1652DS)
- Magic Chef White Over-the-Range Microwave
1. Sharp Over-The-Range Convection Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
The Sharp R1881LSY is stainless steel over the range microwave convection oven. This product is known for its ability to provide the best performance. It will improve your overall cooking experience because the product comes with a higher level of cooking technology, offering many cool features. It also has a straightforward installation process.
If you’re looking to save more space in your kitchen, then pick the Sharp’s 1.1 cubic feet over the range microwave oven combo, as this model is an excellent option for tight spaces. But although with its compact size, it has a spacious interior. And with its sleek stainless steel finish, it gives a stylish look to the kitchen. In addition to it, it has a simple operational system, and impressive features, giving you more cooking options to meet your lifestyle perfectly.
Let us have a look at some of the fantastic features:
- The Sharp R1881LSY convection microwave oven with its 850 watts has an exhaust system that provides multiple venting options – vertical, horizontal, and ductless recirculation. This venting option makes range-top cooking very convenient.
- It comes with a 4-way convection method, which means it bakes, broils, roasts, and slow cooks. It also has eight sensor cooking settings.
- Plus, it comes with 11 various temperature levels. Thus, depending on the food being heated, you can manage the cooking temperature to your preferred level.
- It has a 13-inch turntable, which is made of ceramic. This ensures an even temperature distribution to your food. And it can be easily cleaned and is dishwasher-safe.
- It has a defrost, keeps warm, auto start, and minute plus key.
- It has a LED digital control.
- It comes in a convenient, compact size and yet has a spacious interior.
- It has eight various sensor cooking options.
- It has 11 power levels.
- Its 4-way convection features.
- The display light is too bright, making it difficult to see the control panel.
2. Frigidaire Over the Range Microwave
The Frigidaire’s FGMV176NTF is an over the range microwave convection oven with 30 inch Gallery Series and 1.7 cubic feet capacity with a stainless steel finish. The Frigidaire’s microwave convection oven is a versatile machine as it provides 30 cooking settings, making it suitable to cook any meals you prefer. With 1000 watts, it gets your meal ready very quickly. The Frigidaire’s microwave also has a very stylish look with its sleek stainless steel finish.
Let us have a look at some of the features-
- It has a large 1.7 cubic feet capacity allowing various meal sizes to fit conveniently. And its SpaceWise Rack system makes more room to enable multiple meals to cook at once.
- It has features like Sensor Cooking; these settings automatically adjust the temperatures depending on the requirement of the food being prepared.
- It is very versatile with its 30 cooking options.
- It has a One-Touch feature that simplifies your cooking experience. It lets you cook and heat effortlessly with just a touch of a button.
- It comes with a large glass turntable, measuring 13.5 inches giving enough room to fit large dishes and bowls. The turntable can rotate so that it cooks the food evenly, and it also has a turn-off option for the rotation.
- The over-the-range microwave also comes with ventilation that offers a double exhaust fan that removes smoke, odors, and steam.
- The microwave also features LED light in the interior, lighting up your dishes while it is cooking, hence increasing the visibility and lets you know when to pull the food off the heat.
- Another useful setting is it beeps when the food is done cooking.
- The microwave is exceptionally easy to maintain because of its Effortless Clean Interior layer. You can easily wipe off any food, oil, or grease.
- The microwave comes with a removable grease filter that is also washable.
- There is LED lighting in the interior that illuminates the food while it cooks.
- Its 1.7 cubic feet capacity easily fits large meal sizes.
- Its versatility because of the 30 various cooking options it offers.
- The installation could be a bit of a work
3. LG Stainless Steel Over-The-Range Microwave
LG’s LMV2031ST model is perfect for anyone looking for not so fancy over the range microwave that gets its work done. This model is applauded for its speed and evenness in heating. It offers the best cooking experience with the various features it provides. The microwave is a large 2.0 cubic feet unit that accommodates a wide range of dish sizes with a 1000 watt of power.
- This model comes with a sensor cooking that regulates the food and can turn off the microwave automatically once the food is cooked. So it helps prevent undercooked or overcooked meals.
- It has a melt and soft feature. This feature uses the right amount of power to melt or soften your butter, cheese, ice-cream without boiling them.
- It has an automatic, timed, defrost setting which allows any frozen items to thaw in no time.
- This model is equipped with QuietPower ventilation, which has three power levels-low, high, turbo, to effectively control the food odor and smoke, while doing its job quietly. This unit has one of the strongest and the quietest ventilation systems compared to the others.
- Also, the vent here is hidden to give a more elegant and smooth appearance.
- The interior is designed to resist build-up and stains. So the cleaning process for this microwave is so easy and quick.
- It also has a glass touchpad with LED illumination requiring just a light touch to control the settings.
- This model also has an energy-saving feature. It turns the display off every 5 minutes.
- It also comes with a glass turntable with an on/off option. And this turntable can be easily cleaned by just wiping it with a damp cloth.
- It has a robust ventilation system.
- It has a humidity-sensing system giving a perfectly cooked food.
- Its QuietPower ventilation enables the microwave to cook quietly.
- The glass touchpad sometimes does not respond.
4. Sharp 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
The Sharp R1874T is stainless steel, stylish looking unit. It has simple fitting options that make the installation process simple and easy. The over-the-range Sharp microwave comes with a 1.1 cubic feet capacity, with an 850 watt of power. This product comes with an easy to read display and provides excellent convenience during operation. This unit should be in your shopping cart for all the right reasons.
Check below for some of its highlighted features:
- This convection microwave comes with a 4-way convection system, which means that it lets you prepare a variety of items than compared to the traditional model. It bakes, browns, broils, crisps, cook, and steam.
- It is equipped with a Sensor setting to regulate the time and temperature, resulting in perfectly cooked food. Thus, it saves you from all the guesswork and eases your cooking experience.
- It has a user-friendly, 2-color, 7-digit interactive display, which makes it super easy to operate the machine even for a first-timer using a convection oven.
- It also has a ceramic turntable measuring 13 inches, with an on/off option.
- The unit also comes with an exhaust system that has multiple venting options such as horizontal, vertical, and ductless recirculation. It also has a hood light and fan that further adds to the goodness of this product.
- The convection microwave oven is equipped with a Smart Sensor setting.
- It has a user-friendly interactive display.
- The unit is a 4-way convection system.
- It has a somewhat non-smooth interior making it quite challenging to clean.
5. GE JNM3163DJBB
The GE JNM3163DJBB is a 950-watt product with a 1.6 cubic feet capacity. This over-the-range microwave will give faster and better cooking efficiency. This product is well-loved because of its Automatic Defrost setting it provides, allowing you to thaw the frozen foods in a flash. The GE appliances always make sure to provide the latest technology with amazing quality giving you a convenient way of living.
This unit also offers many more features you do not want to miss out on.
Let us have a look at some of the highlighted features:
- The unit offers 950-watt power that lets you cook or steam food quickly. And it has 10 different power levels that give you the flexibility to adjust the power level for each dish you prepare.
- It comes with Convenience Cooking Control making the microwave very easy to operate.
- The unit also comes with Auto and Time Defrost option that lets you select the defrosting time and power levels according to the food’s needs. This setting can be carried out both manually and automatically too.
- This model also has a large 12.5 turntable ensuring thorough cooking. And it has an on/off button too.
- The microwave features a 2-speed fan ventilation system; this makes sure to remove all the food odors and smoke from your kitchen.
- The unit also has an option for an additional 30 seconds button for your cooking.
- It also comes with various other settings to select from for cooking potatoes, popcorn, reheat, etc. to get your food ready in no time.
- Its Convenience Cooking Controls makes it simple and easy to operate the microwave.
- It has an Auto Defrost system.
- It can be a little noisy compared to others.
6. LG 30” Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave
This LG model is not only sleek and stylish on the exterior but is also a high performing over the range microwave. This unit comes with a particularly low noise ventilation system. This feature is also present in other superior appliances that LG has created, but in addition to this, it also has so many more essential elements to offer. The unit has a capacity of 1.7 cubic feet with 1000 watt power.
Here are the highlighted features:
- This microwave has an impressive auto defrost feature that lets the frozen items defrost quickly and with no fuss.
- It provides excellent flexibility in cooking with its 10 power levels.
- Its sensor cooking system also allows to regulate the food temperature and cook it better.
- The save energy feature lets the display light to turn off whenever the microwave remains inactive.
- It also comes with a child lock system. This feature locks the keypad to avoid the microwave from starting up accidentally.
- It has a One Touch setting, also a glass turntable.
- It has an easy to clean interior that makes cleaning so easy. And has a two-level rack to allow multiple dishes to cook at the same time.
- It comes with various changeable venting systems to help determine the airflow, power, etc.
- Its interior is easy to clean.
- It saves energy
- The turntable tends to break down sooner.
7. Sharp (SMO1652DS)
The Sharp’s over the range microwave oven is a modern and stylish device with a smooth stainless steel finish. It has a black glass with a gray interior. The display has a blue backlight and is easy to read. The over-the-range microwave oven has an elegant look with LED cooktop lighting, completing the modern kitchen look.
Its features include:
- It has a large 1.6 cubic feet capacity that can comfortably accommodate a whole family’s big meals. And has a 1000 watt power that heats and cooks food in no time.
- It has a 12.8-inch turntable, allowing food to heat evenly. The turntable has an on/off flexibility so that you can also fit in oblong shaped cookware.
- This over-the-range unit is exceptionally user-friendly. It provides a sensor cook option that allows precise cooking and reheats food.
- It comes with an adjustable additional 30 seconds button; this allows extending the cooking time with just a single touch.
- Its interior resists stains, grease, making it easy to clean with just one swipe with a damp cloth.
- This microwave oven also has a chrome grill rack, which allows various foods to cook and reheat at a time.
- It also comes equipped with a powerful exhaust fan that has a 3-speed ventilation system, including an easily replaceable grease filter.
- It also has a new melt or softens setting. The setting allows you to melt chocolate, cheese quickly, and soften ice-cream, butter, etc.
- It also comes with a child lock system.
- Some of its additional features are the One-Touch cook, Express cook, Time cook.
- The unit also has a functional feature, which is the Keep Warm function.
- Its LED cooktop lighting
- It has excellent value for the money
- It is incredibly user-friendly.
8. Magic Chef White Over-the-Range Microwave
If you are looking for a durable product with good value for money, then this Magic Chef over-the-range microwave oven is a practical option.
The unit has an internal space of 1.6 cubic feet, thus accommodating various sizes of cookware. It has 1000 watts of power that prepares food quickly. This model is easily accessible, and with its smooth white exterior, it will give your kitchen a stylish look.
- The unit features 6 pre-programmed auto-cook menus that simplify the process of meal preparation.
- It has auto-defrost settings as well as a speed cook technology.
- It comes with a glass turntable making perfectly cooked meals.
- This unit also includes a hood light and has an exhaust fan with 2-speed settings.
- It also comes with a charcoal filter that traps all the grease and the food odors. The filter is replaceable.
- It has a safety lock to prevent unaided operation.
- The unit’s installation is easy.
- Very easy to install
- Good value for the money
- The fan can get a little loud.
The over-the-range microwave convection oven is no doubt an essential device for any modern kitchen now. With all the smart features it has to offer, it has made cooking and life in general, so much more convenient. From the above list of the best of 2021’s microwave ovens, you can buy yours with confidence that the device will not disappoint you.
Are microwaves over the range out of style?
It’s 2021, and this over the range microwave oven is still loved by many. It is a great space saver. Over the range microwaves not only functions as a microwave oven but also works as a range hood, thereby simplifying many people’s way of life. So, the over-the-range microwave, with all its goodness, is here to stay for a long time.
Does a microwave convection oven need to be vented?
Yes, all microwave convection ovens require ventilation to absorb the moisture and smoke released while cooking, whereas there are different venting options. Some models of microwave convection ovens come with an in-built exhaust system with recirculating vents, and then there are those microwave convection ovens that require an external vent installation.
How long do over the range microwave last?
An over-the-range microwave, in most cases, lasts for ten good years. And depending on your maintenance and how heavily you use, the lifespan can go down.
Do microwaves with convection ovens work well?
Microwaves with convection ovens are the game changer now. Microwaves with convection ovens work so well that it allows your food to cook faster. The features this combo provides cooks food evenly, and it prevents your food from overcooking or undercooking. And it saves much more energy than compared to the conventional one. This combo will enhance your overall cooking experience.
Is a convection microwave the same as a convection oven?
Yes. A convection microwave or a convection oven, more commonly called a microwave convection oven, is a combination of a regular microwave with a traditional oven. It has the fast cooking features of the microwave and thoroughly cooked features of a conventional oven.
Can you toast in a convection microwave?
Yes. Convection microwaves are very versatile. It has features that allow you to cook any variety of food. It can toast, roast, broil, brown, bake, defrost, cook, crisp, reheat, etc.
Can tin foil go in a convection oven?
No. Because while cooking, the electromagnetic waves inside the convection oven passes through the glass, ceramics, etc., but if you use tin foil inside the oven, it will deflect the waves and result in unevenly cooked food, also could very likely damage the convection oven.
Can you cook frozen dinners in a convection oven?
Even if you cook frozen dinner in a convection oven, you will only end up with an undercooked meal. Because firstly, you will need your feed to be of the same temperature entirely to get it evenly cooked in a convection oven, or any standard oven for that matter. So, it is recommended to first thaw your frozen meal in the convection oven before cooking.