Tower speakers are sound-producing devices built with a tall and large frame of wood, aluminum, or plastic. The primary duty of a tower speaker is to produce crisp quality sound. The massive speakers allow even distribution of sound in a large room or hall. With the need of a good sound system, you might break your bank, and so we made sure that you get the best tower speakers under $1000.
A good tower speaker can make your home theatre experience or even simple music worth every penny. Once you get the hang of a quality tower speaker, there is no going back. There are so many sounds and minute details you miss out while watching tv or listening to music when you don’t make use of good tower speakers. The rich and crisp sound quality of a good sound system will make you feel as if you are at the movies. It is that good.
However, with the expense of quality sound, tower speakers can be a bit on the pricy side. Before we jump into the list that we have compiled about the best tower speakers under 1000 dollars, here is all you need to know before making the big purchase.
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide – What to keep in mind while buying tower speakers
- List of the best tower speakers under $1000
- Frequently asked questions regarding tower speakers
- How to set up tower speakers?
- Where do I place my tower speakers?
- How to connect tower speakers to a TV?
- Which tower speaker should I purchase?
- How do I fix my tower speaker if it is broken?
- Related posts:
If your budget is a little bigger than $1000, you can have a loot at floor standing speakers under $2000.
Buyer’s Guide – What to keep in mind while buying tower speakers
Any investment requires a lot of research and thought put into. A tower speaker becomes a necessity when you enjoy good music and going to the movie theatres. With a quality tower speaker at home, it makes things a lot easier and accessible. It becomes a luxury and a modem to spend time with friends and family. But, before investing in a tower speaker, here are some things you should consider.
The first thing to consider is the size of the speakers. Of course, tower speakers are usually very tall, but there are size varieties in the speakers. Accordingly, you can choose the tower speakers that are best fitted for your home.
There are many reasons as to why you are planning to purchase a tower speaker. The performance of the tower speaker is a very important detail you would want to know before the big purchase. According to the make, the sound quality and output power may vary. If you are living in a small apartment with neighbors close by, buying a tower speaker with very loud output power may not be useful since you cannot play its full potential. Likewise, if you live in a large soundproof home with plenty of space to yourself, you can blast your music out loud. Therefore, knowing the performance of the speaker and how loud and low it can go is necessary.
3. Speaker type
Speakers come in various kinds, such as woofer, subwoofer, or tweeters.
Woofer- A woofer is commonly used in small speakers like bookshelf speakers. It produces low to mid-range frequencies of sound.
Subwoofer- Subwoofers are highly used in tower speakers. It produces only low frequencies but with crisp sound quality.
Tweeters – Tweeters reproduce sound frequencies that are not audible to human ears. This means that they produce sound frequencies only of a certain threshold level. Types of tweeters are cone, dome, piezo, ribbon, and electrostatic.
Depending on the make, the types of speakers can vary. Therefore, do your research and choose what best fits your requirement.
Your budget plays a vital role before any important splurge. The features of the speaker you want could be available in a lower-priced speaker of a different make. There are many speakers in different price categories with various features, designs, and sound range. So before buying a tower speaker, look for the speaker that fits your budget and does it job.
Reviews are very important. When you are interested in a certain speaker, check its customer reviews to know how it feels when the product is utilized. Customer reviews are an honest way to know what kind of speaker you are actually getting and how it is going to serve you. Read the reviews and see if the product has maximum positive or maximum negative reviews. Also, make sure to see if the negative reviews are giving a minute or high impact. This will save you plenty of money, time, and trials.
List of the best tower speakers under $1000
1. Definitive Technology BP9060 High-performance Bipolar Tower Speaker
- BDSS technology drivers on both front and rear arrays
- High-performance Bipolar tower
- Dual bass radiators and powered subwoofers
- Dolby Atmos module
- High-quality bass control
- 6.5′ AC Power cord
- Total frequency response up to 40,000 Hz
The definitive technology high-performance bipolar tower speakers are one of the best tower speakers available in the current market. This tower speaker features a total of eight speakers- BDSS Driver, subwoofer, Aluminum dome tweeter, and a passive bass radiator.
Definitive technology bipolar tower is engineered with high-quality intelligent bass control, which enhances the sound quality. The bipolar array makes the audio experience worth listening to from any part of the room. One of the best features of this speaker is the seamless integration with the Dolby Atmos sound system using the Dolby Atmos-enabled module.
- The sleek look of this aluminum base tower speaker spices up any boring room.
- There is no compromise with the sound quality. This speaker has intelligent bass controls, a BDSS driver, Forward focused bipolar array, and integrated powered subwoofers to make your home theatre or studio experience a thousand times better. It can make you hear crisp music, clear dialogues, and little details you often miss out on.
- It can be expensive
2. Klipsch RP-280F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker
- A tall black speaker with copper cone woofers
- Comes in pair
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn with tractrix port
- Dolby Atmos module
- Flexible grille
- Mdf Cabinet with veneer battle finish
Klipsch is one of the oldest and best sound system companies. The RP-280F is a high-end floor-standing speaker with a 90×90 hybrid tractrix horn and Cerametallic Woofers that give you the clearest and rich sound. Titanium tweeters in the speaker reduce any distortion of the sound. This speaker has a modern appearance that fits any decor -the polymer veneer finish looks sleek and promising.
- Comes in a pair
- Looks and feels high end
- Reproduces excellent sound
- An enhanced tractrix port allows smooth air transfer.
- The Cerametallic Woofers promote crisp sound quality
3. SVS Prime Tower Speaker
- 6.5” twin woofer
- Aluminum dome tweeter
- 3.5” midrange driver
- Comes in two variants – black ash and piano gloss
- Nominal impedance – 8 ohms
SVS has stepped up their game by creating the Prime tower speaker. These speakers come in two variants – black ash and piano gloss both as single and pair. The beautiful design and look of the speaker make it stand out. Within the slim cabinet, this speaker contains all the needed technologies that allow it to perform at its best. The thing that sets this speaker apart from others is that its 6.5” twin woofer, dome tweeters, midrange driver, crossover, and custom port tuning promote extreme sound clarity without any distortion.
- Looks extremely stylish and grand
- Perfect for home theatre with clear audible dialogues
- Can be paired with a subwoofer
- Designed to handle both low and high sound frequencies
- When the audio source is poor, the sound quality from the speaker is very ragged.
4. Polk Audio LSiM 705 Superior Floorstanding Tower Speaker
- Enhanced ring radiator tweeter
- Dynamic sonic engine
- ELM Voice coils
- Polypropylene cone material
- Nominal impedance – 8 ohms
LSIM 705 is the perfect floor standing speaker under 1000. This speaker has all the features that the LSIM 707 bears but at a slightly cheaper rate. The sleek design of this speaker is simply eye-catching. Polk Audio has constantly created gadgets that become instant hits. Like any other product of theirs, LSIM 705 also has super cell aerated polypropylene materials in all its drivers, dynamic sonic engine, and power port technology in the woofers.
- Loud and clear sound
- Performs well with both higher and mid-range sound frequencies
- PowerPort technology reduces distortion
- The polypropylene driver material is supercell aerated and present in all its drivers.
- It requires to be broken in before playing loud music
5. SAMSUNG Sound Tower MX-T70
- Maximum output power – 1500 watts
- Inbuilt karaoke
- 10” woofer
- Adjustable LED party lights
- Bluetooth multi-connection
- Sound tower mobile app
The Samsung sound tower MX-T70 is all you need to hype up your party. It is the perfect party partner. With a seamless Bluetooth connection, you can play all the playlist you like without any trouble. Its sound tower app allows you to control the LED light display and EQ settings from both your android and iOS mobile. It also has two mic inputs, which can be used for any karaoke sessions. This speaker is the ultimate party package with a bidirectional sound that has a power of 1500 watts. In case you spill your drink, do not worry because this speaker is splash resistant.
- Seamless connectivity
- Simple to use and control
- Splash resistant
6. MartinLogan Motion 40 Gloss Black Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Aluminum cone woofers
- Folded Motion tweeter
- ET spikes
- Sleek high gloss design
- Maximum output power – 40 watts
MartinLogan Motion 40 is perfect for smaller homes. It is a beautifully designed sleek cabinet tower speaker that has everything you need to enjoy a good movie or soothing music. The tweeter of this speaker has a folded motion that reduces distortion to a great extent. Although not the most powerful tower speaker, it is just enough for a small home theatre.
- The look of this speaker is just gorgeous
- Gives out clear sound
- Solid bass performance
- Comes in three color variants
- The maximum power output is a little low.
7. BIC Acoustech PL-980L-PL-980R 3-Way Floor Speakers
- Maximum power output – 300 watts
- Impedance – 8 ohms
- 3-way multi-driver
- 8” active woofers
- 8” passive radiators
- aluminum dome home
Most floor-standing speakers do not offer a 3-way multi-driver design. This design makes the BIC PL-980 very unique and allows the speaker to have high-end sound quality. The woofers and passive radiators greatly enhance the speaker and allow it to perform well in low frequency with loud bass. The look of the speaker is outstanding, with glossy black external and rose gold details.
- Great warranty of up to 8 years
- Clear and lifelike sound
- Sleek design
8. Polk Audio TSi500 High-Performance Tower Speakers
- Three 5.25″ polycarbonate woofers
- 2 – TSi400 4-Way Tower Speaker with Three 5-1/4″ Drivers – Each (Cherry)
- Frequency response 44-24000Hz (-3dB)
- 1″ Dynamic Balance silk dome tweeter
The Polk TSi300 is deemed as one of the most popular compact tower speakers in the current market. You can use these speakers as the front channel or as the main speaker. It has the option to be paired with the Polk SW505 subwoofer to have an enhanced sound. This speaker has a dynamic balance dome tweeter and a cone woofer. It is excellent for a home theatre system or general use in a medium house.
- Well built
- Beautifully designed
- Gives crisp and balanced output
- Maximum power output – 200 watts
- Works better for a home theatre rather than music
9. Klipsch Synergy Black Label F-300 Floorstanding Speaker
- Linear travel suspension
- IMG woofers
- The aluminum diaphragm compression driver
- Maximum output – 600 watts
- Black ash vinyl finish
- Proprietary technology
Klipsch is known for its affordable and great quality speakers. Their F-300 floor standing speaker is one of their best selling floor standing speakers. It has a linear travel suspension that gives minimum distortion. The aluminum diaphragm compression driver and copper woofers allow the speaker to produce crystal clear audio with tight bass even at high frequencies.
- Great audio for medium to large rooms
- Affordable price
- Clear sound production
- Tight bass
10. Klipsch Reference R-820F Floorstanding Speaker
- Spun copper IMG woofers
- Tractrix horn technology
- Linear travel suspension tweeter
- Rear tractrix port
- Reinforced MDF construction
Klipsch has been making speakers since 1946. The R-820F floor standing speaker is another one of their hit. This speaker has reinforced MDF construction, which reduces vibration in the cabinet to provide clear audio. The tractrix horn technology greatly enhances the audio quality by reducing any artificial reverb. IMG cone woofers reduce distortion to provide amazing sound at both low and high frequencies.
- Crisp and clear audio
- Loud enough to fill a medium to a large room
- Low distortion
- Sleek design
- Solid wiring connectors
- Does not play low-quality audio well. It requires high-quality music input to produce clear audio.
- It is heavy
Frequently asked questions regarding tower speakers
How to set up tower speakers?
Tower speakers are rather tall and large. It does not require an additional stand to place them. Since they are quite big, it requires a spacious area. Once you receive or purchase your tower speakers, read the instructions manual because every tower speaker is different depending on the make. Most tower speaker needs to be fixated with a base that comes with the speaker. Once you attach the base, you need to connect it with the amp or the TV, depending on how you want to use it.
Where do I place my tower speakers?
It can be placed in any room you like. The important thing to keep in mind is to never place two tower speakers close to each other as it may create feedback. Another tip is to make sure that the rear end of the speaker is not directly in contact with the wall. Try to maintain some distance between the wall and your speakers. You can also use placemats under your sound system to avoid rattling.
However, the set up of the tower speaker is completely dependent on the architecture of the room and personal choice.
How to connect tower speakers to a TV?
There are several ways in which you can connect your tower speaker to your TV. You can use RA cables, 3.5mm analog cables, HDMI cable, or optical cable. All these cables are readily available in the market, and it is very easy to set up.
Which tower speaker should I purchase?
There are plenty of tower speakers in the market that serves a different purpose and varies in features. Some tower speakers may be suitable only for a home theatre set up while some may only be suitable for playing music. It is important to know why you are purchasing the tower speakers before making the purchase. Since tower speakers are not very affordable, you should do your research well and see which speaker best fits your need.
How do I fix my tower speaker if it is broken?
Even though your tower speaker may be of the best brand, there is no guarantee that it will last forever. When your tower speakers start giving some problems, the first thing you need to do is check the warranty card. If your speaker is still covered in the warranty period, then there is a high chance that the company will help you in restoring your speaker by replacing the parts or the product itself. Even if the speakers are not in the warranty period, you can still contact the company to see if you can get any help or guidance.