One of the first steps of diagnosing any illness or condition is checking the body temperature. The ability to precisely and quickly determine the body temperature is vital as part of your diagnostic process, especially during illness. You will need the best fever thermometer for adults that can read the temperature accurately and fast.
Undoubtedly, having the best thermometer allows you to easily monitor your loved ones’ temperature from the comfort of your home. However, with so many choices available in the market, choosing the right fever thermometer for adults can sometimes be overwhelming.
As such, we provide a comprehensive review of the ten best products to narrow down your choices. Besides, we have included a brief buyer’s guide to help you pick the one that meets your requirements.
Table of Contents
- Main Types of Fever Thermometers for Adults
- Fever Thermometers Buying Guide
- The best fever thermometers for adults available on the market are:
- Top 10 Best Fever Thermometers for Adults
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average body temperature for adults?
- Is the forehead temperature accurate?
- What time of the day is your body temperature highest?
- How do you check your body temperature without a thermometer?
- Why does my body feel hot but no fever?
- Related posts:
Check out also our recommendation for the best temporal fever thermometer for adults here: https://www.bestof.info/best-temporal-thermometer-for-adults/
Main Types of Fever Thermometers for Adults
We can divide the types of thermometers into two categories, namely, digital and infrared. Digital thermometers can read temperatures from the rectal, oral, or armpit. When it comes to response speed, digital thermometers are quite slow. Nevertheless, they are precise, affordable, and work for all age groups.
In contrast, infrared thermometers measure the surface body temperature, usually through the ear or forehead. They have a faster response rate and come with several features. Hence, they are quite expensive in comparison to their digital counterparts.
Fever Thermometers Buying Guide
Buying the right thermometer is essential if you want to get precise readings. Apart from the accuracy, here are some necessary things that you should consider when looking for the best thermometer for adults:
Whether you want fast or slow response speed is a matter of personal preference. But you should note that the response speed of a thermometer can range from a few seconds to a minute. If you want quick results, consider products with faster reading speed.
Some advanced thermometers come with this feature for storing previous temperature readings. You can use this information for future reference, which will help you determine whether the temperature has increased or decreased.
Besides, some products allow you to store more than 20 temperature readings at a time.
Generally, a thermometer measures your body temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius. However, some products come with both the measurement units.
If you want to read the temperature results clearly, then you should consider a thermometer with a substantial screen. Additionally, choosing a screen with a backlit feature will allow you to use it in the dark or dim light environments.
Fever Alert Indication
Some thermometers come with this feature to notify you if the temperature is higher than average. The indication can vary from a visual alert to an audible beep. You can also find some advanced thermometers that have both alarms.
Long Battery Life
One of the essential things to consider when buying a thermometer relates to battery life. Some products use AA or AAA batteries, while others come with cell batteries. Whatever the option is, you should ensure that your thermometer has great battery life. Besides, we recommend at least having an additional pair of batteries for an emergency.
This feature will prolong the battery life, especially when you forget to turn off the device. As such, you should look for a thermometer that automatically turns off after a few seconds when you do not use it.
The best fever thermometers for adults available on the market are:
- ANKOVO Fever Thermometer for Adults
- Adults Infrared Fever Forehead Thermometer
- Vibeey Thermometer for Adults
- iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
- Adults Infrared Forehead Thermometer
- FACEIL Thermometer for Fever
- CHOOSEEN Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer
- Hugum Digital Thermometer Non Contact IR for Fever
- Digital Basal Thermometer for Fever
- Vigorun Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
Top 10 Best Fever Thermometers for Adults
1. ANKOVO Fever Thermometer for Adults
This non-contact thermometer features two modes of temperature measurement, namely, body mode and surface mode. The former allows you to determine your body temperature through the forehead, while the latter is for measuring the temperature of water, food, and room. Besides, you can easily switch the measurement units between Celsius and Fahrenheit based on your preference.
An outstanding feature of this product is the big LCD with backlight- the color of the backlight changes depending on the measured temperature.
Additionally, it comes with mute and auto-power off features. Hence, the device will automatically power off after 16-second of unused.
- Non-contact thermometer to ensure safety and hygiene.
- It provides accurate and reliable measurements within a second.
- Large LCD with three-color backlight.
- 50-set of memory function.
- Two measure units.
- Suitable for all age groups.
- Easy to use.
- The instructions on the user’s manual are quite small and difficult to read.
2. Adults Infrared Fever Forehead Thermometer
This non-contact thermometer is another excellent option for adults, children, and babies. It has features that are quite similar to the above product. To name a few of them, it can accurately read the body temperature within a second. The functionality does not only allow for measuring body temperature but also measure liquid and object temperature. Besides, the LCD backlight comes with different colors for three various temperature ranges.
The only main difference between them comes with memory function. This product allows you to record ten-set of measurements to help you track your body changes. Besides, it features a 30-second auto-shutoff to save battery life.
- Consistent and reliable product.
- It features a 30-second auto-shutoff to save the battery life.
- Memory feature for up to 10 measurements.
- Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature settings.
- One-year warranty
- It does not include batteries.
3. Vibeey Thermometer for Adults
With this thermometer, you can quickly measure your temperature while avoiding direct contact. As such, it significantly reduces the risk of cross infections when carrying out on multiple persons. The design also features a clear screen with straightforward buttons, thereby making the device easy to use.
Another essential attribute of this product is that it comes with a beeping feature. So if you have a high temperature or fever, it will start to beep.
- Easily portable.
- It can measure the temperature of the body, room, and objects.
- A backlight display makes it suitable for night use.
- Ten-set of memory function.
- Auto shut off function.
- Two measuring units.
- The material of the battery closure is not quite durable.
4. iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
This product is one of the favored thermometers for many users. Thanks to its innovative one-button functionality. When it comes to reading quality, it has three ultra-sensitive sensors and an optimized algorithm that enhances efficiency. Besides, the sensor can gather more than 100 data points in just a second.
Another essential attribute of this product is that it comes with a large LED display that emits white light, making the readings visible even in total darkness. It does not make any annoying beeps, but instead, it gently vibrates when the temperature readings are ready. As such, it is also suitable for babies.
- Clinically approved and recommended by pediatricians.
- Powerful smart chips.
- Three ultra-sensitive sensors.
- It features a backlit LED.
- Comfortable and easy to use design.
- Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- It is not compatible with the iHealth app.
5. Adults Infrared Forehead Thermometer
This infrared thermometer comes with the latest sensor probes and smart chips. All you have to do is press the button by maintaining a distance less than 3cm, and it will provide you with an instant reading.
When it comes to reading memory, it is capable of storing 32 sets of temperature readings. As such, it easily allows you to track any change in your body temperature. Another essential aspect of this product is that it features an auto fever alarm. When it reads any abnormal temperature, it will issue a warning buzzer.
With this device, you will be able to use even at night without facing any inconvenience. Thanks to its smart LCD, it will light up automatically at night.
- Consistent and reliable.
- It is lightweight.
- It allows for straightforward usage just with the press of a button.
- It delivers immediate readings.
- The package also comes with a battery set.
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- The material construction needs improvement.
6. FACEIL Thermometer for Fever
This non-contact thermometer comes equipped with a highly sensitive sensor and an exceptional microchip to ensure quick and accurate temperature measurement. It has a dual-mode, which means you can check your body temperature and other objects and liquids.
Operating this device is significantly straightforward. All you have to do is to point the device towards the forehead and press on the button. It will give the result within 0.5-1 seconds. Additionally, it can store temperature readings up to 32, thereby allowing you to track abnormalities with the temperature.
Besides, you can use this thermometer even at night as it features a LED display.
- Forehead thermometer with surface function.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Easily to hold.
- Fever indicator.
- Large LED display.
- 32-set of memory values.
- Upgraded smart chip to enhance the performance.
- 12-month warranty.
- Some users find it difficult to understand the instructions due to technical jargon.
7. CHOOSEEN Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer
This product is another versatile thermometer that allows you to measure the forehead, ear, room, and liquid temperature. It can recall 35 temperature readings. And if the memory function gets full, then the last temperature reading will automatically replace the first reading.
Like the other thermometers on this guide, this product also comes with three LED display colors depending on the temperature. It will emit a red backlight and a beep when the reading exceeds 37.5-degree Celsius or 99.5-degree Fahrenheit.
- Easy to use and read.
- Updated high precision detection.
- You can turn off the sound.
- Allow convert between two temperature units.
- It can recall the last 35 readings.
- Backlit display.
- The package comes with a nice carrying case.
- The response speed is quite slower.
8. Hugum Digital Thermometer Non Contact IR for Fever
This non-contact thermometer is another best option not only for adults but also for infants and toddlers. It can provide temperature readings instantly and accurately. With this device, you do not have to worry when to see your doctor, for it will alarm you when it detects any temperature abnormality. Besides, you can store up 32 sets of temperature readings for future reference.
An essential aspect of this thermometer is that you can switch off the sound alert with a straightforward button. As such, you can even measure your baby without disturbing the sleep.
- Ultra-long life battery.
- Streamlined handle design.
- It comes with a fever alert feature.
- 32 temperature readings.
- Safe and hygienic.
- Many users have found it useful.
- Some users prefer a separate button for each feature.
9. Digital Basal Thermometer for Fever
If you are looking for a digital thermometer, then you should consider this product. It allows you to check your body temperature by placing it on your armpit, rectal, or mouth. Besides, it will buzz to notify you that the measurement has completed.
In case you forget to turn off the device, it will automatically switch off after 10 minutes. Another essential feature of this product is that it comes with two temperature units. You can switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit by pressing on the start button for four seconds.
- Durable product.
- One-year warranty.
- Storage case included.
- LCD screen.
- Auto shut off system.
- The response speed is quite slow.
10. Vigorun Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
This thermometer has a dual-feature as it supports both forehead and ear function. You just need to remove the cap to expose the tip. Besides, you can easily switch the temperature units.
When it comes to lighting features, it comes with an intelligent light indicator. It will further change the color based on the temperature readings. Another essential attribute of this thermometer is that it can recall 35 temperature readings. As such, you can quickly identify any changes in your body temperature by comparing it with the previous readings.
- 35-set of memory function.
- Intelligent light indicator.
- It works even in the dark.
- Mute mode.
- Fever warning system.
- Updated smart chip.
- It does not provide the temperature readings in numbers. Instead, it only says high or low.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average body temperature for adults?
Studies have shown that the average body temperature for adults varies between 36.1-degree Celsius (97-degree Fahrenheit) and 37.2-degree Celsius (99-degree Fahrenheit). Nevertheless, the accepted average body temperature is 37-degree Celsius or 98.6-degree Fahrenheit for adults. A temperature above 38-degree Celsius or 100.4-degree Fahrenheit can be due to fever.
Is the forehead temperature accurate?
One of the fastest ways of measuring your body temperature is by using a forehead thermometer. Generally, it provides accurate temperature reading. However, external factors, such as room temperature or moisture on the forehead, can affect the accuracy of the temperature readings. Besides, when it comes to measuring core body temperature, we recommend opting for other types such as oral and rectal thermometers.
What time of the day is your body temperature highest?
The body temperature can significantly vary over the day. Given that you stay awake during the day and sleeping at night, you can experience the highest body temperature between 4-6 pm. Besides, your body temperature is at the lowest around 4 am.
How do you check your body temperature without a thermometer?
You should note that there is no accurate way to determine body temperature without a thermometer. However, some techniques can provide you an idea of whether a person has a fever or not.
One of the most common methods is by touching the forehead. Pinching your hand is another way to check if you have a fever. This method helps you check for dehydration, which a potential sign of illness. If your skin moves slowly after the pinch, then you might be suffering from dehydration.
Besides, you should look for other signs and symptoms of fever, such as headaches, sweating, shivering, and sore eyes.
Why does my body feel hot but no fever?
The answer to this question will depend on several factors, such as age, medications, emotional state, hormones, and environmental factors. Sometimes, it can be due to underlying health conditions. You can further experience excessive sweating or no sweat at all. If you are not sure why your body feels hot without a fever, we recommend consulting your doctor.
To sum up, these are some of the best fever thermometers for adults available in the market. You can also use them to check the body temperature of your kids. Another essential aspect is that they feature LCD, thereby making it easy to read.
These thermometers are safe to use, approved, and recommended by doctors. As such, there is no reason why you should not buy them. We guarantee that these products will significantly satisfy and meet your requirement.