You might be trying to target practice or hunt in your field of passion. It is normal for hunters to be indecisive when picking the ultimate bolt for equipping their crossbow. You can go through this list of the best 20 inch crossbow bolts to cement your decision. As a hunter, you don’t want to spend multiple hours on picking the right bolt. You would want to invest more of your time focusing on hunting instead. It is crucial to be confident with your archery, especially when there is a big buck present in front of you.
Going up close with your equipment to secure the perfect shot isn’t easy at all. The last thing you would want is a lackluster performance. The wrong bolt will hinder your performance all the time. So, it is important to go for the right bolt. You will have an optimal transfer of energy from the string. Plus, a smooth flight right off the rail.
Table of Contents
- Buying Guide – What To Look For When Buying Crossbow Bolts
- List of 20 Inch Crossbow Bolts
- Summing It Up!
- Frequently Asked Questions About Crossbow Bolts
- Do the nocks in these bolts come equipped? And do you also receive free nocks?
- Can you adjust the nock?
- Can I replace my arrow’s field point with a broadhead? And are they good for deer hunting?
- Are these just target bolts? Can a beginner use it?
- Do you recommend self nock replacement or to seek professional help?
- Related posts:
To find your arrows with ease, use lighted nocks like the ones from here: https://www.bestof.info/best-lighted-nocks-for-crossbow/
Here are some of the best 20-inch crossbow bolts and the things to look out for when buying one:
Buying Guide – What To Look For When Buying Crossbow Bolts
Materials – The three main materials of bolt consist of aluminum, carbon fiber, and fiberglass. Each of them possesses its strength and weaknesses.
- Aluminum – They are affordable, robust on impact, and prone to spine separation or shearing apart. However, these bolts bend easily, hard to cut for sizing, and comparatively heavy.
- Fiberglass – They blend naturally, absorb shock easily, and are less costly compared to carbon fiber. Plus, these bolts don’t bend at all. However, they are vulnerable to losing hair and may explode if damaged or bent too far.
- Carbon Fiber – They are the straightest and consist of the highest quality. If you provide proper maintenance, they are quite tough. However, they are expensive and sensitive in correcting the arrow spine.
Vance/Fletchings – Vance or Fletchings refer to the traditional feather present on the bolt’s back. They are lightweight and weight around 5-10 grains. The Vance help guide the arrow to its desired target. To help an arrow in rotating perfectly, it has to maintain the precision. It will lead to the perfect maintenance of the course.
The rotating action of the bolt around the arrow shaft’s center is known as centricity. Most designs possess helical or off-set fletchings to enhance the centricity. It forces the arrow to begin spinning. The larger the fletching, the easier it is to drag. Your arrow should be mainly balanced right towards the front for counteracting the drag.
Straightness – Your bolt will be more consistent in flying if it is straighter. It is crucial because accuracy is how frequently you can repeat something like an archery shot.
Arrow Spine – The arrow spine measures the arrow’s toughness when the crossbow’s string pushes right against the nock. You need to get it right as it sends out vibrations when the string is under fire (Shot). The vibrations tend to shake the arrow in a back and forth manner.
It is dangerous to use the wrong arrow that possesses an incorrect spine. Your bow will be inaccurate that won’t allow any good shots. Plus, it just might explode if it is a carbon or fiberglass arrow.
Weight – You will suffer penetration if your bolt is too light. And if your bolt is really heavy, then you will have a limited range. Find out your arrow’s weight by:
- Select a broadhead.
- Proceed in adding up the nock, vanes, and insert’s weight.
- Start multiplying the grains by length per inch.
Nock Styles – Nocks come in two traditional styles. They include flat nocks and half-moon nocks. A flat nock possesses a surface area that is quite wide. But a half-moon nock comes with a design that is shaped right around the string. It sits in a perpendicular position to the index vane.
Half-moon nocks are fitting because they possess a design that allows the string to catch them easily. But you do need to be careful in positioning them. A bad position can lead to accidents.
Broadheads – Three basic types of broadheads include the Fixed blade, removable, and expandable. The choice depends on your liking and preference. However, the expandable one is a favorite among many. Why? Because there aren’t any blades to decrease velocity mid-flight. Plus, the arrow will fly quickly.
List of 20 Inch Crossbow Bolts
1. Black Eagle Executioner Fletched 20-inch Crossbow Carbon Bolts
This Executioner carbon crossbow bolt possesses a superior design in performance. It helps bring speed accuracy and kinetic energy to the max. These fletched bolts come in 18, 20, and 22 inches. The 18” ones come with 2” blazer vanes, whereas the 20” and 22” comes equipped with 3” boning x vanes. This arrow comes with both the nock styles, i.e., the flat and half-moon nocks. They are in a pressed fit manner.
The executioner brass inserts are already present here. The brass inserts and overall weight of this bolt come with Optimal FOC maximizing accuracy. It doesn’t have a loss of kinetic energy or speed, which makes it a deadly combo. Plus, it weighs over 4.8 ounces and has a dimension of 3.65 x 23.75 x 1.95.
- The arrow displays superior performance.
- You will enjoy accurate target shots.
- Both the nock styles are present here.
- Precise consistency and straightness
2. TY Archery Carbon 16-20 Inch Crossbow Bolts
This high cost-effective product is all about top speed, accuracy, and kinetic energy. It has an 8.8mm outer diameter and an inner diameter of 7.62mm. And it has a point weight of about 402 grains. Aside from the 20 inches, there are also shaft length options like 16”, 18”, and 22”. The arrow consists of stainless steel material. Plus, its nock is of the plastic moon. The
These bolts are perfectly fitting for both beginners and seasoned shooters. The carbon quality is very high and accurate. It tends to fly in a straight manner and secures easy target hits. The precision arrow vane, field points, and nock are excellent for extended durability. They offer long-lasting target practice. It retails around $30-$35.
- It caters to both beginners and seasoned shooters.
- You can hit the target easily.
- The bolt tips are very sharp.
- The carbon shafts aren’t just well made but very durable.
3. TOPARCHERY Carbon Crossbow Bolts 20-inch
This item comes with a generous 12-piece quantity. It consists of carbon material and has plastic vanes measuring up to four inches. The diameter spans up to 0.34 inches and weighs about 28g. This bolt comes equipped with the moon nock. It also has about three blades of archery broadheads of 100 grain. These blades are screw-in compatible with both compound bow and crossbow.
The blades are perfect for people that often go hunting. Its feather material consists of TPU plastic. Precision CNC machine tools are usable in machining these arrowheads. It enables the bolts to balance during precise flight. Plus, the shaft is also effectively protected. You can obtain this bolt for around $42-$45.
- It supports up to 250 pounds at maximum.
- The blades are extremely sharp, durable, and fast.
- You will enjoy extended durability and better target practice.
- The quality of the arrows is impeccable.
- There are times when the feathers might bend during transportation. However, you can put it into warm water to recover the plastic vane’s original shape for some minutes.
4. Jocoo 20″ Carbon Crossbow Bolts Hunting Archery
This bolt measures up to 22.5 x 3.5 x 2 inches in dimension and weighs about a pound. It spans an inner diameter of 7.6mm and an outer diameter of 8.8mm. The arrow nock possesses an interesting half-moon shape with four vanes in blue and white. The bolt is fitting for people that are into target practice or crossbow hunting. You get to receive about 12 pieces of these fine bolts.
It also promises a long-lasting use with its fine carbon quality material. The weight of the arrow point amounts up to 100 grain for broadheads only. In case the shape of this plastic vane is distorted then, place the vanes into hot, warm water. The temperature should be around 176⁰F-194⁰F for some minutes. It will help recover its original form.
- It shoots straight up till 50 yards.
- The material is strong.
- Great accuracy and fletchings are attached well.
- You receive a generous number of bolts at an affordable price.
- The exterior coating isn’t the best.
5. REEGOX Crossbow Bolts 16/18/20 inch
This arrow is very high-cost effective. The design of this arrow fits the usage of the young hunters who are just starting. These crossbow bolts bring the power of three, which is speed, accuracy, and kinetic energy. We are a fan of how durable this item is at all times. It Measures up to 20 inches, and these bolts are fitting for both Xbows and crossbows.
The nock, standard point, and insert enable you to easily get accessories for repair. All of its bolts come equipped with 4” TPU vanes. Plus, it possesses a moon nock style. Its inner and outer diameters are 7.62mm and 8.8mm, respectively. There is also an after-sales service guarantee, which is quite professional and reliable. The product’s price ranges from $29-$32.
- You can shoot bolts up to 70 yards and penetrates deeply.
- The arrows are Durable and accurate.
- It has big vanes and a strong tip.
- Bolts are pretty flexible.
6. PANDARUS Archery Carbon Crossbow Bolts
This affordable bolt is for cross hunting and target practice. It is compatible with some of the best crossbows such as Jackal Crossbows, Ghost 350, Wildcat C-5, and Penetrator. This high-quality arrowhead’s material consists of mixed carbon. A special glue from the 3M company goes into the mix too. The surface pattern processing is very smooth here.
The shaft size of the arrow spans an inner and outer diameter of 7.6mm and 8.8mm, respectively. Its GPI is matched with a 100-grain broadhead and has the half-moon shaped nock style. Its adhesion, strength, and straightness of this product are extremely high. The design is also fitting for professional use in hunting. It retails for around $24-$27 in the market now.
- You can expect super straightness.
- You will also receive over six nocks for free.
- It uses tough glue for stronger bonding.
- The bolt is quite affordable.
7. SZEO 12 Pack Archery Crossbow Bolts – Aluminum/Carbon
This product is also suitable for beginners and newbies in the hunting game. Like most 20-inch crossbow bolts, it also brings speed, accuracy, and kinetic energy to their maximum potential. In this way, you get to have an easy target at all times. The shaft length of this bolt possesses an inner and outer diameter of 7.74mm and 8.73mm, respectively. Its total weight amounts up to 440 grains.
The material consists of high-quality aluminum for longer use. Its standard point, nock, and insert enable you to get accessories with ease for repairing. The bolts come equipped with 4” TPU vanes with an inserted moon nock. Its nock, field points, and precision arrow vane make up for long-lasting use. The item is purchasable at a price range of around $33-$36.
- Speed and easier to achieve target shots.
- The material of the vanes is flexible.
- It flies straight without any issues.
- Interchanging the heads is possible, as it is versatile.
8. Tiger Archery 12 Pack – Hunting Archery 20″ Bolts
This arrow spans 20-inches long and has about 432 grain. You also get to have over 125 grain for practice tips. This package comes prepared with over 12 carbon fiber bolts that are very durable and reliable. The level of improvement in accuracy with this bolt is crazy good. All thanks to its unique black half-moon nock. It has a colored plastic fletching of 4-inches that enables the arrow to point in the right way.
The tips of the bolt consist of stainless steel material that is nickel plated. You will have fun with it the most during target practices and crossbow hunting. And it isn’t just the generous 12 pieces of arrows that come in the package. But you will receive over four nocks for free.
- They flow straight and helps achieve the desired effect.
- The arrows arrive in a well-packaged state without damages.
- Consistent accuracy at all times.
- Low price and fast shipping.
9. TY Carbon Crossbow Bolts 16 18 20 Inch
This hunting bolt is also high-cost effective. Its design is user-friendly for all the beginners out there that want to hunt. Like most 20-Inch crossbow bolts in this list, this arrow also highlights speed, accuracy, and kinetic energy. This arrow possesses an inner diameter of 7.62mm and an outer diameter of 8.8mm. There is also another shaft length of your choice such as the 16” & 18”. The shaft material consists of high-quality carbon for longer duration use.
Its total weight sums up to 402 grains with a point weight of about 100 grain. The point material consists of stainless steel. Plus, it has a plastic moon nock. Its bolts have plastic vanes measuring up to 3.8” with two red and one white. The arrow tips are pretty sharp, so make sure to be careful when you practice with it. The fact that it flies straight makes it very easy to score a target. They retail between $31 and $34.
- It is accurate and flies straight.
- Consistent in hitting the desired target.
- Well-made and very durable.
- Long-lasting target practice.
- They can be a little too light for some people.
10. Tiger Archery 20inch Hunting Archery Carbon Arrow Crossbow Bolts with 4″ Vanes Feather
These bolts span a good 20 inches long with about 432 grain. You also receive about 125 grain for practice. The product comes equipped with the black half-moon style of nock that helps improve accuracy. Securing your desired target shot will be so much easier with this bolt. Its fletchings span up to 4” and consists of colored plastic, making the flight point in the right direction.
The tips of these arrows consist of stainless steel material that is nickel plated. It makes them perfectly suitable for crossbow hunting and target practice too. You will be impressed by the quality of these bolts and how well packaged they arrive. Plus, aside from the sufficient 12 bolts, you also get to have over four extra nocks for free. Their price is between $30 and $32.
- Fletchings are quite reliable.
- Decent nock alignment.
- The material of the fletching rejuvenates in steam.
- Great value for money.
- Durability isn’t its best department.
Summing It Up!
Whether it is for target practice or professional hunting, these bolts are reliable. The 20 inches length meets the need of the majority of the buyers. It helps find common ground and isn’t too small or large. These best 20 Inch crossbow bolts are some of the hottest ones present in the market now. You can start using them to hone your skills as a beginner or even use them like a seasoned shooter. It caters to the need of every single customer regardless of their playing field.
Frequently Asked Questions About Crossbow Bolts
Do the nocks in these bolts come equipped? And do you also receive free nocks?
Yes, all of these bolts come with equipped nocks straight from the package. There are different nock styles in different bolts. Each of them will have their nock design that helps in operating the crossbow. You also get to enjoy free additional knocks with these bolts. However, you have to remember that not every one of these brands provides these extra nocks.
Can you adjust the nock?
The nocks usually come in a lined-up manner. The nock and fletchings are in line here. Buyers might want to adjust the nock for their reasons. You can try applying a little heat and use plyers for loosening the nock. Proceed to make the adjustment and re-glue it for bonding it back. We recommend using a hairdryer for the heat.
Can I replace my arrow’s field point with a broadhead? And are they good for deer hunting?
Yes, it is possible to replace your field points with a broadhead of your choice. But you have to make sure that it is properly tightened after the replacement. It is important to be aware of it when you are exchanging them. Yes, you can use any one of these bolts to hunt a deer or any other wild animal to answer your second question.
Are these just target bolts? Can a beginner use it?
No, they are not just target bolts, but they are also suitable for hunting. You can use it to practice your target shots in your backyard. And you can also use it while you go hunting in the woods. These bolts are fitting for both beginners and experienced shooters. They are not limited to just a few categories in any way.
Do you recommend self nock replacement or to seek professional help?
You can replace the nock by yourself. You need to use proper heat, a good player, and some reliable glue to get the job done. There are many tutorials on YouTube and threads on the internet to guide you through it. Professional help from an experienced user is also a good option. Always make sure to be cautious with your bolts.