With the advancement of technology, doing household chores like washing clothes has become easier. The invention of the washing machine has reduced the time and effort spent on doing laundry. It requires the user to add detergent powder/liquid to the machine along with wash water and clothes.
Washing machines were first invented in the 1850s. There have been various modifications and features in the modern washing machines that make it more user-friendly. A Washing machine can cost anywhere from $100 to $2000 depending on the company, design, and features.
Another useful washing tool that you might want to have around your house is the gas pressure washer. To see what’s a pressure washer, and which pressure washer is the best, you can check our guide about the best gas pressure washers: https://www.bestof.info/best-gas-pressure-washers/.
Table of Contents:
- Buying Guide
- Types of Washing Machines
- Pros and cons of computerized washing machines
- Pros and cons of non-computerized washing machines
- Best non-computerized washing machines reviewed
Washing Machines Buying Guide
The type of washing machine depends on the user’s requirement and budget. However, when purchasing a washing machine, there are several factors to look into.:
- Size: The space available to accommodate the washing machine plays a significant role. It is best to purchase a washing machine that fits the space. Properly measure the width, length, and height of the washing machine before making a purchase.
- Price: There are various washing machines in the market. However, it is important to keep in mind the budget and purchase the machine that best fits the price.
- Capacity: The capacity of the washer also plays a very important role. If the machine is to be purchased for a large family, the washer capacity should be high. If it is for a small family or an individual, smaller washer capacities can also get the work done.
- Load Type: There are two load types of washing machine – Top Load and Front Load. The top load washing machines are classic. They are noisier and comparatively cheaper than the front load machines, while the front-load machines are more gentle, less noisy, and has better features.
- Washer’s tub: The tub of the washing machine should be made of high-grade stainless steel. With constant washing, the tub can rust and stain clothes, if it is not made of good quality materials. So, it is important to check the tub before purchasing a washing machine.
There are two types of washing machines in the market based on operation:
1. Computerized washing machines:
A Computerized washing machine uses a microprocessor unit that tells the washing machine what to do. It has sensors that can detect the amount of wash time needed for a specific cloth. It can perform actions like draining the wash water, spin-drying the clothes, and controlling the water temperature.
2. Non-Computerized washing machines:
A non-computerized washing machine mostly requires mechanical force. It cannot control the washing machine on its own. It is unable to determine the wash time, cycle, and water temperature. Unlike the computerized washing machine, it requires the user to perform the actions and press the control buttons.
The main difference between the two types of machines is the presence of a microprocessor unit in the computerized washing machine. The non-computerized washing machine is semi-mechanical.
Pros and Cons of a computerized washing machine
• For busy people, a computerized washing machine is ideal. Since the machine can perform the actions on its own, the user only spends the least amount of time while doing the laundry.
• The washing machine is smart enough to detect the perfect water temperature and the wash cycle of a particular cloth. This results in preserving the quality of the fabric for a longer period.
• It is not very user-friendly.
• Computerized washing machines are expensive. It can cost anywhere from $1000 to $3000.
• Once the microprocessor or the computer board is damaged, it can cost a lot of money, time, and effort to fix it.
Pros and cons of non-computerized washing machines
● The first advantage of a non-computerized washing machine is that it is user-friendly. The simplicity of the washing machine enables anybody to use the washing machine with ease.
● It is energy saving. Since it is not computerized, the machine does not consume a lot of power, and so it helps to save energy.
● It is usually light-weighted and portable.
● It doesn’t have as many features as a computerized one, which is not always a bad thing, because more features can mean more headaches.
Here is a list of the best non-computerized washing machines available on the market:
1. Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer
● The washing machine uses super-silent technology that enables the machine to wash and dry laundry without being noisy.
● The spin of the washing machine is super fast, i.e., 1200 RPM. This allows the clothes to dry quicker.
● The washing capacity of the washing machine is 15 lbs, and its dry capacity is 11 lbs.
● It features 10 wash cycles and three dry cycles.
● It has a self-cleaning filter, which helps in removing small particles like lint automatically.
● The rotation of the drum is Bi-directional, which has a great impact on the wash quality and drying time.
● The washing machine has other features like spin time, low spin, water temperature, extra rinse, and low heat.
● It is well built with shock absorbers for RV travel.
● The dimension of the washing machine is 23.5 x 22.6 x 33.1 inches.
● This washing machine may cost around $1000 to $1200.
● The washing machine is quality-built. It has shock absorbers and heavy-duty springs, which performs well and withstands time. It is highly durable.
● Since it is created with a super-silent technology, it is quiet and gets the job done without creating much noise.
● The clothes dry quicker and are washed better because of the super-fast 1200 rpm spin of the washing machine.
● With the bi-direction rotation of the drum, the clothes or fabrics are less wrinkly, and it drastically improves the wash time.
● This washing machine is quite heavy. It weighs about 145 pounds.
2. Kanizz Double Action Compact Twin Tub
● This washing machine has two separate tubs for washing and drying the clothes.
● The washing capacity of this washing machine is 8 lbs and 5 lbs for dry capacity.
● It is energy-saving as it runs on 110 Voltage power.
● It features 15 minutes wash cycle and 5 minutes dry cycle.
● The dimensions of the washing machine are 23 x 14 x 27 inches.
● The weight of the washing machine is 24 lbs.
● The opening lids of the tubs are large.
● It features an inlet pipe of 47.2 inches and a drainpipe of 26.8 inches.
● Since this washing machine is very light weighted and portable, it is ideal for homes that have small space or accommodation.
● With two separate tubs, washing and drying the clothes at the same time is feasible. It saves time.
● This washing machine uses less energy, and its energy-saving feature is a great advantage.
● The tubs have large opening lids and so putting in clothes and fabrics become easier.
● The washing machine is noisy when it is being operated.
3. Tenozek Twin Tub Washing Machine US Standard
● The washing machine features a stainless steel spin tub, which helps to improve the wash quality and helps to retain the quality of the fabric.
● It features a twin tub, which is allotted for washing and drying.
● The spin of the wash is 1300 RPM, and this enables us to wash and dry clothes quickly.
● The washing capacity is 8 lbs, and the spin capacity is 5 lbs.
● The pipes of the inlet and drain are up to 2m.
● The dimensions of the washing machine are 23.23 x 13.98 x 26.57 inches.
● The weight of the washing machine is 24.25 lbs.
● It is very quiet and does not produce noise during its operation.
● The washing machine washes and dries clothes without creating any noise. It is very quiet.
● The stainless steel tub of the dryer is made with high-quality steel. It helps to retain the quality of the fabric and reduces tear or staining the clothes.
● The fast spin of the machine is a wonderful advantage. It features a 1300 rpm motor speed, which helps to wash and dry clothes quicker.
● The washing machine weighs only 24.25 lbs, which is very lightweight. It makes the washing machine portable.
● Since it is very lightweight, it is not ideal for heavy-duty like RV Travel or marines.
4. WSJTT The Laundry Alternative
● The main feature of this washing machine is its Blu-ray function. The presence of this UV light in the washer protects the clothes and preserves its quality.
● It features a 10-minute wash cycle and 5 minutes dry cycle.
● The washing capacity of the washer is 3.8 kg.
● The washing machine also features a 360-degree high water flow with actions like rolling and rubbing. This helps to improve the wash quality and removes stains and dirt quicker.
● The dimensions of the washing machine are 380 x 380 x 630mm.
● The washing machine is multi-functional. It can be used for both drying and washing.
● The washing machine is compact and very portable.
● It has a unique feature called the blu-ray function, which helps to protect the quality of the cloth.
● It is very cost-effective and powerful at the same time.
● It does not use plenty of water, and this helps to save water and energy.
● It cannot wash plenty of clothes at a single wash. Therefore, it can be a little time-consuming.
5. Portable Washing Machine TG23
● The washing machine features a twin tub that separates the wash and dry section.
● It is compact and measures 60 x 38.5 x 69 cm, which can fit in small spaces.
● The weight of the washing machine is 11 kg, which makes it very portable.
● The machine displays a very easy to use rotary dials. It is user-friendly.
● This washing machine also features a lint filter.
● It has a wash capacity of 3.6 kg and a spin capacity of 2 kg.
● The washing machine comes with a hose to fill water, drainage tube, and lint filter.
● It costs around $100 to $140.
● It is very portable. The washing machine is quite small and light, which makes it very easy to shift or move.
● It is very user-friendly.
● The washing machine has a lint filter, which helps to collect any small particles during the wash cycle.
● It is very cost-effective.
● It makes less noise in comparison to other machines of the same price range.
● It spins in both directions and helps to wash clothes quickly.
● The washing capacity of the washing machine is quite low.
6. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
● It features a wash capacity of 11 lbs and a spin capacity of 6.6 lbs.
● The washing machine comes with a twin tub. Each tub can be used together, which helps to save time and effort.
● It is compact, and its dimensions are 24 x 15 x 28.5 inches.
● The weight of the machine is about 29.3 lbs.
● The wash time is 15 minutes, and the spin time is 5 minutes.
● The washing machine has a sleek design and ideal for small spaces.
● It has a filter inside, which helps to remove lint or small particles.
● It costs around $90 to $100.
● It is compact and portable, but very powerful. The washing capacity of this compact washing machine is 11 lbs, which is good.
● The machine’s twin tub makes the work easier and helps to save time.
● The washing machine thoroughly cleanses the clothes.
● It is not very noisy, like regular top load washing machines.
● It looks expensive and sleek.
● It is cost-effective.
● The washing machine helps to conserve energy.
● It does not have a stainless steel tub, which can sometimes dirty white clothes.
Choosing the right washing machine may be a difficult task because of the similarities in its features. The list above is some of the best non-computerized washing machines available in the market. All the mentioned washing machines are great for the price as the output is amazing. It washes the clothes well without damaging its quality. They are very compact and portable. They are also very user-friendly and get the work done properly.