How many of us love the look of beautifully painted nails with intricate designs or a neat and elegant set of nails? It is a rage now more than ever. However, spending money every now and again for a beautiful set of nails can add up to a lot. So we’ve come up with a great solution for you. E-file nail drill brings you all the tools you need to make your nail dreams come true. We’re also reviewing a number of the best e-file nail drills available for you to pick from down below.
Pretty, well-manicured hands are as attractive as a good-looking face. If you look at any social media nowadays, you will see people with nail designs of all variations. Nail art is a fashion statement. People change the design and color of their nails depending on the outfit they’re wearing, and the occasion. But maintaining the nails is the tricky part. You either have to get it done by a professional or do it at home by yourself.
Not everyone has the means to get it professionally. So the best solution for this dilemma is to invest in a good e-file nail drill. E-file nail drills are what professionals use in their nail salons. It is much more efficient and easier to file and buff your nails with this product. If you are studying to be a nail technician or already is and hasn’t tried e-file nail drills yet, you should definitely give it a try.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of e-file nail drills
- Buyer’s Guide – What to look for when buying an e-file nail drill
- List of the best e-file nail drills
- Frequently asked questions
- How long can I use the handpiece without stopping?
- Do I have to use the foot pedal of a nail drill? What does it actually do?
- How do I insert or remove the drill bits?
- What are the different types of bits and their uses?
- How can I make use of the different shapes of bits that are available?
- Related posts:
Benefits of e-file nail drills
- Electronic file or e-file nail drill is what most nail technicians use for manicures and pedicures. The reason it is such a beloved product is that it is very efficient and less time-consuming. Nail technicians can suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome as their work requires repetitive wrist motion for a good amount of time. With the use of e-file drills, however, the time it requires to work on a client is cut down in half.
- E-file drills are an all-purpose tool. You can use it for cleaning the nails and smoothing out the ridges on the tip of the nail. It is also used for shaping the acrylic overlay, removing dry cuticles, and cleaning underneath the free edge.
- A hand file can be limiting as it can be used only on flat surfaces. It will be challenging to maneuver around tight areas like the sidewalls and the cuticles. It can also be hard to remove old products. E-file nail drills are designed to work on all these parts and more. It will give you the precision needed to get into those hard-to-get areas.
- Most nail technicians choose e-file nail drills because it prevents their hand from cramping. E-file drills are easier on your shoulder, arms, and wrist.
Buyer’s Guide – What to look for when buying an e-file nail drill
We have researched and weighed in on a couple of factors you should keep in mind before purchasing an e-file nail drill. Below are some important factors a new buyer should look out for.
- Weight of the handpiece
The handpiece is what you will hold for a long period of time if you are a nail technician. So it should be lightweight.
The handpiece should have very low vibration or none when it is turned on. It can be quite uncomfortable to feel the nail drill bit pounding on the nail plate. It will also be hard to get precise work done if the handpiece moves around too much.
- Space it takes up
No one wants to see clutter on their table either at home or at their workplace. Some e-file nail drills come in a big bulk with too many wires tangling. You can purchase a compact, portable e-file nail drill, and it will do a great job without the mess.
- Variable speed
A good e-file drill should come with a good number of speeding options. Also, you will need different speeds for different purposes.
- Forward and reverse
It will be quite handy if the machine comes with a forward and reverse option. Right-handed people usually use the forward mode, and left-handed people prefer the reverse mode.
It would be best if you always look for a drill that comes with a high-quality torque.
List of the best e-file nail drills
1. MelodySusie 30000 rpm Professional E-File Nail Drill-Scarlet
The MelodySusie nail drill is a portable machine that makes it easy for you to carry around and travel anywhere. This compact machine has a hole in the base to keep the handpiece in when not in use. It also has other tiny holes around it to place the bits. It comes with a forward and reverse switch, which is useful not only for working on others but also on your nails. The handpiece is made of aluminum and is extremely lightweight.
The machine comes with a foot pedal option, which is quite useful, especially when you have to work for long hours.
- The handpiece does not vibrate, which makes it easier while working on yourself or other people.
- It has very low noise. Some machines can be too loud and take away the fun of manicure at home. When you use it in a salon, the clients may find the noise too bothersome.
2. MelodySusie E-File Professional Nail Drill
The MelodySusie drill comes in a couple of different colors to fit your aesthetic or the aesthetic of your salon, which is always a plus. It also comes with six drill bits and six sanding bands to get you started on that salon experience at home.
The handpiece is equipped with a high-quality torque, which is the most vital factor that allows for the machine to function efficiently. The twist-lock system on the drill ensures a secure lock for the bits and easily interchangeable when needed.
- It has multiple speed settings that allow you to do any nail work without worrying about the speed limiting the task.
- The machine is small and compact, so there is less space taken when it’s in use or not.
- Because it has speed power up to 30000 RPM, the handpiece can heat up if used for too long. Just be a little cautious of not overheating, and you’ll be good to go.
3. Ejiubas Nail Drill Machine 30000rmp
Filing and shaping your nails to how you want it is made simple and easy with this machine. A compact machine that you can take to your girlfriend’s place for a night of manicure and pedicure. It has everything you would want in an e-file nail drill. From lightweight handpiece to foot pedals and variable speed options, it has everything. It can remove lifted acrylics, fix cracks, clean and lift your cuticles, and much more. It also smoothens out hardened skin around the nails of your hand and feet.
- You don’t have to worry about the power running out while you’re using it.
- The speed remains the same while you hold it up and when it’s on the nail surface. This is a clear indication of a good e-file.
4. BTArtbox E-File 30000RPM Professional Nail Drills
This e-file drill comes with a smart LED display to simplify your nail work. The display shows how much RPMs you have turned on. It also shows if the machine is on forward or reverse mode.
This is an upgraded model that is rechargeable, so you can take it anywhere without needing to plug into an outlet. It also comes with a belt clip to hang on your pocket or belt, which makes carrying it around so much easier.
- It is a cordless machine that you can charge for 2 hours, and it will operate continuously for up to 10 hours.
- It makes a very little sound while turned on. You will not have to worry about it being a nuisance while using it at home or around other people.
- It has little to no vibration even when switched to its highest speed. It doesn’t get any better than this when it comes to e-file machines.
5. BTArtbox 30000 rpm Electric Efile Nail Drill
When you use a handpiece at high speed for too long, it can heat up. The BTArtbox nail drill brings us the solution for this. It has a small hole which acts as ventilation in the handpiece. Now you will not have to worry about the handpiece getting too heated to hold on to.
This multi-use drill also has a high-efficiency torque, which ensures that the bits work smoothly and with high precision.
- The lightweight handpiece comes with low heat and low vibration. You can use it on yourself or on clients without worrying about hurting yourself or your client.
- The foot pedal it comes with makes the work all the easier.
- Using the bits on the natural nail surface can be a little rough. Make sure you have done enough practice before trying it on other people.
6. MelodySusie 30000 rpm Professional Nail Drill
Some acrylic nails have too thick of a layer and can be harder to get it off. This nail drill is perfect for dealing with such a situation. It has a very high rpm speed that will allow getting stubborn acrylic nails off with ease and in a short period.
Every nail work has a specific speed power needed for higher efficiency. So make sure to refer to the manual provided.
- Portable and cordless for maximum usage.
- It is a clutter-free machine ideal for the workplace or at home.
7. ECBASKET 30000RPM Nail Drill
If you are on the look-out for a sleek and stylish e-file nail drill, then look no further. Not only does it look good, but it also comes with functions, you cannot say no to. The handpiece is made with high-quality aluminum alloy and is super lightweight. It also comes with an updated, superior motor in the handpiece that ensures maximum efficiency.
The handpiece has ventilation holes that prevent dust from getting inside. It also prevents the handpiece from heating up while it is in use.
- Low noise and low vibration.
- The torque on this drill has high power.
- Easy mechanism to lock and unlock the drill bits.
8. Alle’s Professional Electric Nail Drill
This multifunctional nail drill is perfect for shaping, grinding, cutting, polishing, carving, filling, and much more. The adjustable speed and high-functioning torque allow for easy and proficient nail work.
It is suitable for both left-handed and right-handed usage. It comes with six different drill bits and 100 pieces of sanding bands to get you started on your nail designing journey.
- Easy to attach and detach the lock chuck system.
- It comes with a cradle and table stand to place your handpiece.
9. Brightshow 35000 rpm Professional Nail Drill
This small but powerful nail drill will fulfill all your nail needs. It comes with a 35000 rpm, which you will only find in high-end nail drills. It has a light handpiece that will ensure you don’t suffer from cramps after long use. This mail drill has low vibration, so your handpiece won’t bounce around when placed on the nail surface.
It comes with six 3/32” drill bits, and you can replace them with all kinds of shank bits of the same size.
- The foot pedal that it comes with is always a good addition.
- Low heat on the handpiece to allow more comfortable use of the drill.
10. BTArtbox Nail Drill
The BTArtbox nail drill is a powerful tool for removing gel polish, acrylic nails, calluses on the hands and feet, as well as dead skin on the cuticles.
This nail drill is safe enough to use at home for beginners but also highly efficient for professional use at nail salons. It is a CE marked product that has been certified by the RoHS to further ease your worries about whether it can be safely used at home.
You have the bit holders on the drill machine, so it doesn’t get misplaced and is close by for easy reach. It also has a holder for your handpiece. The handpiece is the most expensive part to replace if it ever gets damaged. So the holder for the handpiece is a great addition.
- The high torque frequency on this drill enables smooth and precise nail work.
- With its small compact size, it can be stored anywhere and will take up very little space.
11. Jiasheng 30000RPM Nail Drill
With this nail drill, you will not have to worry about making appointments and going to the nail salon every now and again. It will do as good of a job as any professional. All you have to do, as a beginner, is to simply follow the manual provided with the machine.
The handpiece is lightweight, so you will not struggle while working on yourself or on others. You can get a clean and easy work done with the drill bits it comes with. The drill machine also had rubber pads on the bottom to ensure it doesn’t fall off if you accidentally push it.
The handpiece has a small heat emission hole, so the heat dissipates quickly when it’s used for a long time.
- Perfect nail drill for salon and home use.
- Easy control system
- Made of high-quality aluminum alloy so you can be assured of its durability.
Frequently asked questions
How long can I use the handpiece without stopping?
It depends on the brand you use. Handpieces of certain brands heat up faster than others. You will feel the handpiece heating up when using it continuously. This is when you should stop the drill and let it rest for a few seconds. Most drill manuals recommend that there be a break after every 20 minutes of usage.
Do I have to use the foot pedal of a nail drill? What does it actually do?
No. You don’t have to use the foot pedal if you don’t want to. You don’t even have to plug it in if you don’t plan on using it.
The foot pedal stops the handpiece from rotating when you step on the pedal. When you don’t step on it, the handpiece will start rotating again.
How do I insert or remove the drill bits?
First, you have to pick the type of bit you want to use. You can then insert the bit you have selected into the tiny hole in the front of the handpiece. Every handpiece has a little indicator near the tip. The indicator will show whether the handpiece is locked or open. Using the help of the indicator, twist it open to insert the bit and twist it back to close it.
Most handpieces make a clicking sound when you lock it or open it. You can give the bit a gentle tug to check if the bit is secured in place.
What are the different types of bits and their uses?
Bits come in different shapes, sizes, and textures. Each bit can be used for a different purpose. Some of the commonly used drill bits are used for the following purposes:
- Carbide bits
Carbide bits have flutes cut into them that provide the cutting power. The more flutes on the bit, the finer the cut. They are usually used for acrylic nails, gel nails, and poly gel nails.
- Diamond bits
Diamond bits have diamond dust on them. The diamond particles file the nail by scratching the surface to remove products or dead skin. They are usually used to remove dead tissue on the hands and feet.
- Ceramic bits
Ceramic bits are ideal for gel and poly gel removal. They come in different colors to indicate the texture. White ceramic bits are coarse. Pink, which means it is medium in texture, and blue, which means it is fine abrasive.
- Mandrel and sand bands
They are usually preferable for manicure and pedicure. They are not the best for using on the natural nail. It is best to use them on the skin. The sand band slides into the mandrel. Some bands are made of paper, so they must be discarded after one use.
- Buffing bits
Buffing bits are designed for buffing skin or natural nail. They are very soft, so they can’t damage the skin or the nail plate.
How can I make use of the different shapes of bits that are available?
There are so many different shapes and sizes that drill bits come in, and each one has a different use. But we can discuss some of the bits that you can make use of the most:
- Corn shape – It can come in ceramic or carbide material. It can be narrow or wider, straight or curved. You can use it for removing a large portion of the product on your nail, usually during in-fills. It can also be used for filing off of the length of the nail.
- Carbide needle-shaped bits – They are perfect for filing under natural nail during in-fills.
- Cylinder shaped bits – The shape is perfect for filing the length or changing the shape of the nail.
- Rounded cylinder-shaped bits – This is great for cuticle removal, filing the sidewalls, and removing hard skin around the nail plate.
- Flame bit – The flame bit is ideal for pushing up the cuticles and for cleaning up the sidewalls.
- Ony clean bit – For super thin and sensitive skin, this bit is perfect. It was designed for people who have diabetes.
- Sphere bit – You can use it to file off the cuticle and remove dead tissue around the nail plate.