Cleaning a house is never complete if you do not mop the floors. But a backache is the most intense and frequent consequence of giving your home that much needed mopping spree. With one of the best cordless mops, you will not have to worry about bending and putting pressure on your poor back!
Also, these cordless mops come with their water tanks and power supply. The length of the cord will no longer have power over you or your home!
Table of Contents
- What is a cordless mop?
- Why do you need to buy a cordless mop?
- Buyer’s guide for a cordless mop
- Top 12 cordless mops in the market right now are
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Cordless Mops
- How much do cordless mops cost?
- Can you use cordless mops to clean wooden floors?
- Are spinning motor mops effective in cleaning tough messes?
- How often do I have to mop my floors?
- Do I have to dry my floors after mopping?
- Related posts:
What is a cordless mop?
There is not much to explain here since it is pretty self-explanatory. A cordless mop is a mop that runs on batteries as their power source instead of having a cord that supplies power from the mainline in your home. Without the existence of a cord, you can clean every nook and corner of your house or room with the utmost ease.
Why do you need to buy a cordless mop?
The benefits that a cordless mop offers over a mop with a cord is good enough to convince you that you should invest in a cordless mop. Here are some of the advantages of cordless mops that will brush any other doubt you have away:
- Cordless mops are comparatively lighter and less bulky than corded mops
- You can reach and clean those parts of a room that corded mops cannot reach
- They weigh lesser than corded mops
- The batteries of cordless mops are powerful enough to get rid of tough spots of dirt
- The heads or scrubbers that come with cordless mops are easy to attach and clean
- There is increased maneuverability with cordless mops
- Since these cordless mops are less bulky, they are more compact and easy to store
- Most cordless mops have a one-hand operation design, making your work much more comfortable and manageable.
Buyer’s guide for a cordless mop
Buying a cordless mop is not a small or unnecessary purchase. It will surely make your housework and chores more comfortable, and save you time, effort, and space. Since several benefits are on the line, you must get the best cordless mop that will suit your needs as well as your home’s needs.
Look out for these points while choosing the best cordless mop:
It is safe to say that the first time you notice or look while making a purchase is the product’s price. If you set a budget or have an idea about how much you are willing to spend on a cordless mop, it will be an excellent start. You can now go ahead with the set price-range and make sure you get all the features you want from the mop.
By flexibility, we mean how many types of floors the cordless mop can clean. You would not want to buy a mop that can clean only one specific type of floor. Get a cordless mop that can clean several floor types without damaging them or the mop itself.
Most cordless mops can mop and get rid of dust. But some options can mop, wipe, and wax, all in one product. Although your budget might be a constraint in such cases, you should reconsider increasing your budget if the mop can provide more functions.
One benefit of the cordless mop is that you can use it to reach places your corded mop cannot reach. However, if the mop does not give you many angles to work with, it will be better to go for another option. You can get an adjustable angle handle for an affordable price.
- Water capacity
Dipping the cordless mop into a tub of water might not be the best idea. Most of these mops come with a water tank. Check the capacity of the water tank before finalizing your purchase decision because you do not want to keep refilling your water tank frequently. It will disturb your workflow.
Removable batteries will be the best option for rechargeable cordless mop batteries. However, if you cannot get one such mop, check the battery’s capacity so that it can last at least 20 minutes after a full charge.
Quick charging batteries are also something to search for in cordless mops.
- Added features
Some cordless mops come with added features like magnetic charging, water spray feature, the self-cleaning feature, self-propelling feature, and LED lights to make visible the dark areas. These are not the minimum requirements, but it will significantly help if you could get all these in a single product.
Top 12 cordless mops in the market right now are
1. Tineco iFLOOR Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
The Tineco iFLOOR Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and Mop places itself in another class by being able to vacuum and wash the floor, both at the same time. It comes with two tanks to keep the dirty water and debris in a separate compartment.
The best thing about this cordless mop is that it cleans itself. All you have to do is press a button, and the mop will eliminate any dirt, debris, or odor to make sure the system stays clean and fresh. There is a spot mode that concentrates all the power into a smaller area, which helps get rid of tough dirt spots on the floor.
- Quiet yet powerful suction
- It cleans itself at the push of a button after use
- 2-in-1vacuum and mopping at the same time
- Great value for the product
- Compact and fully charges quickly
- It cannot vacuum some debris like sticky candy
2. BOBOT 8900 electric mop
Some rechargeable mops do not come with detachable batteries and make it very inconvenient to charge because you have to keep everything intact. However, with the BOBOT 8900 electric mop, you can remove the battery and quickly charge it for a run time of up to 30 minutes.
Are you worried about whether the mop will suit the user’s height? Do not worry. The height of the mop is adjustable and also comes with LED lights to give you an advantage while cleaning dark floors.
You should consider buying this mop because it comes with an “on-demand spray” that will eject a cleaning solution or wax on to the floor. And the design of this mop is such that you need just one hand to operate it. Say goodbye to heavy mop, say hello to an ultra-quiet motor and convenience.
- Easy to operate
- Lightweight and flexible
- Can clean textured tiles and wooden floors without a problem
- Simple assembly
- Quiet motor with double rotating pads
3. Shark VACMOP Pro
The floors of a house contain some of the dirtiest debris and substances that we might feel uncomfortable to touch. But with the Sharl VACMOP Pro, you will never have to touch the dirty debris again even after mopping. How? This cordless mop comes with a fully disposable tray that can lock away debris.
Another distinctive feature about this mop is the magnetic charger that can start charging your mop as soon as it makes contact with magnetic charging. The LED lights on this mop will help you see the dirt on corners and crevices more clearly.
- It mops liquid spills effortlessly
- Easy to dispose of dirt and debris
- Easy to maneuver
- Does not require much maintenance
- Quick and effortless charging
- The disposable trays are difficult to find
4. iNeibo Cordless Electric Mop
The iNeibo cordless electric mop does three functions, namely dry wiping, wet wiping, and waxing. In addition to these functions, it comes with a water spray feature that allows you to clean your floors without requiring any extra cleaning tool.
One of the main reasons why you should try this cordless mop out is because of the two 2200 Mah batteries that last for up to 70 hours of operation. Just make sure you remove the protective paper from the battery before using it. You can charge one battery while using the other.
The staff’s adjustable length and flexible angles will make your job easier by saving effort, labor, and time.
- Very quiet operation
- Ideal for use by a user, whether young or old.
- It comes with two long-lasting batteries that you can switch between
- Washable pads
- You can choose between different spinning power of the motor
5. Gladwell Electric Cordless Mop
If you are looking for a quiet motor as low as 60 decibels, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop might be the ideal product for you. Another noteworthy feature about this cordless mop is that you can use it to clean wooden, ceramic, marble, or tile floors.
The battery will last a long time, but you will not need a very powerful battery since the motor is strong and fast enough to clean up the whole house within minutes. You can also say goodbye to bad odor because this mop can clean the bacteria, causing foul smells on your floors.
- Effectively cleans the fur of dogs and cats on the floor
- Convenient angle adjustment for easing pressure on the back
- The battery lasts for multiple uses
- Fast rotating mops for quick cleaning
- One-hand operation
- It does not come with the mop accessories that the brand advertises
6. VMAI Electric Cordless Mop
The VMAI cordless electric mop takes convenience to the next level with its design. It has an adjustable handle, stick-on mopping pads, a power button that you can step on to start, and an easy refilling tank.
These stick-on mopping pads can go into the washing machine for a quick wash. The detachable battery can last for up to 35 minutes after a full charge, weighing only 6.9 pounds. What you get with this electric cordless mop is a lifetime support warranty.
- Self-propelling design for lesser need of effort
- Good water tank capacity
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Fun and easy to use this cordless mop
- Gives your back a break with its comfortable design
7. Mamibot Cordless Dual Spin Mopping Polisher
If there is one thing everyone knows about waxing and mopping, you cannot use the same mopper for both functions. However, with the Mamibot cordless mop, you get two mopping cloths (or pads) and two waxing cloths. You can now do both functions with the same mop. All you have to do is switch the cloths in between.
Regardless of whether the space you want to clean is small or big, this mop will clean it all. If you do not need the adjustable handle, you have the option to remove it entirely.
- A simple and easy assembly process
- Long-lasting battery
- The package comes with two mop and wax cloths each
- Excellent attachments for effortless cleaning
8. JASHEN M12 Electric Mop without Cord
Are you worried you might not be able to clean a 120 square meter space within a single charge? Jashen M12 electric cordless mop will take care of cleaning that space in no time. It has a 2600 Mah Li-ion battery that has a runtime of 40 minutes. The product comes with a one-year warranty for worry-free use.
One distinctive feature of this mop is that the mop comes with a microfiber roller. It is 270 mm long and is ideal for cleaning gaps between tiles and wooden floors. It is also self-cleaning and self-propelling, which means it is effortless to use and requires minimum maintenance. This microfiber roller has extremely fine fiber material so that the mop can clean even the toughest dirt on the floor.
- The self-propelling feature increases the ease of use
- The mop cleans itself after use
- The battery charges quickly
- Compact and easy to store
- No waste of water thanks to the water tank that uses the water judiciously
9. Costway Electric Cordless Spin Mop
The water tank on the Costway cordless electric spin mop can hold up to 440 ml of water. With this capacity, you can easily clean a mansion without needing a refill. Also, with the dual spinning heads, all the dust that a floor has will collect in between and keep the mops clean.
There are only two buttons, one to turn on the power, and one to spray water. With these simple yet effective features, even children or elders will have no problem figuring out how to use it. Many mops have an adjustable height, which this map has too. The Costway electric mop has an ergonomically designed handle for a comfortable grip on top of the adjustable height.
- Versatile and ergonomic handle
- High capacity water tank with a spray nozzle
- It comes with an LED light to brighten up dark spots that need cleaning
- Children and elders can also use this simple electric mop
- You do not need both hands to use this mop
- The build feels slightly flimsy
10. Bissel Spinwave 2307
Most of the electric cordless mops mentioned here have water tanks that can hold water or any cleaning solution. But they do not provide this cleaning agent in their package. With the Bissel Spinwave 2307, you get two bottles of multi-surface formula free. This liquid will help get rid of stubborn stains and messes while being gentle on the floor.
Another exciting feature about this cordless mop is that it has a storage tray that can store the mop, as the name suggests, and attach the mop pads onto the mop. You can now clean the mop effortlessly.
- Great value for the product
- The mop will clean the floor on its own with your direction
- It significantly reduces the time you spend mopping your floors
- Easy to remove and mount the mopping pads
- Comes with both microfiber and scrubby mop pads
11. Homitt Electric Mop without Cable
Another excellent cordless electric mop offered in the market right now is the Hommit electric cordless mop. We love this product because it is easy to use, and the battery will last for 50 minutes. The spinning mops can make 120 spins in a minute, and this speed gets rid of stains quickly.
You can make your own cleaning solution for this mop by mixing water, detergents, and essential oils in moderate quantities. We suggest you do not use very strong detergents or essential oils. This cordless mop will also polish your floors and leave a visible difference. Along with this mop, you will get two scrubby pads and two soft pads in the package.
- You do not have to bend and put unnecessary pressure on you back while using this mop
- Fast-charging battery
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Lightweight and compact design
- Very long-lasting battery
- The mopping pads are machine-washable.
12. ENLiF Electric mop
We all know how convenient and easy to use cordless mops are, but many people complain about how quickly their batteries seem to die. The ENLiF Electric mop has heard your cries and added a fast-charging battery that needs only 1.5 hours to charge fully.
The mop makes up to 250 rotations in a single minute. This feature ensures all the dust to get collected before wiping it for a polished finish to your floors. Since there is no cord to distract or disturb you while you are working, you can adjust the handle’s angle without any major problem.
- It is the ideal mop to clean floors that may have pet fur
- It can clean the spots where you could not reach using a regular mop
- Large water tank capacity
- Easy to refill the water tank
- Long-lasting and quick-charging battery
- The spraying feature is not very effective
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Cordless Mops
How much do cordless mops cost?
You can get a decent cordless mop for an average of $140 on the internet. If you are on a tight budget, we have an excellent choice: the Hommit Cordless Mop, which has a price below $100. The price of this mop is affordable, and the product does almost everything that a high-priced cordless mop will do.
Can you use cordless mops to clean wooden floors?
Yes. All the products mentioned above are safe to use on wooden floors. You should keep in mind that you should not use strong detergents or cleaning agents for wooden floors. We suggest you use a mild cleaning solution and pour it into the mop’s water tank to clean your wooden floors.
It is not just wooden floors that you can clean with electric cordless mops.
Are spinning motor mops effective in cleaning tough messes?
Yes. We have learned that the spinning mops or the rotating heads on electric mops do a better job at cleaning tough dirt and messes without much effort from your side. It makes your job much more comfortable.
You can use other mops to clean tough dirt too, but it will take a lot of time and effort from your side while spinning mops do the job on its own. All you have to do is hold it in place and add some cleaning solution on the mess if required.
How often do I have to mop my floors?
If a floor is dirty, do not wait to mop it. However, under normal circumstances, you need to mop your floors just once a week. If you have messy children or pets at home, you might want to pump up those numbers to three or four times a week.
Do I have to dry my floors after mopping?
Wood does not respond well to constant moisture. If you have wooden floors, we suggest you wipe them after mopping so that it will not stay wet for too long. Some cordless mops can wipe your floors after mopping.
Of course, wet floors may be dangerous to walk on, so if you want to be safe, you can always dry your tiled or marble floors too. However, it is not entirely necessary to do so.