A gas water heater is primarily a tank-type water heater that operates under a physics law called the convention. Gas water heater works by heating cold water and stores the heated water in the tank until it is required. Unlike other electric water heaters, this gas water heater comes with a gas burner placed at the base of the water tank. So this gas water heater operates by allowing cold water to enter into the tank through a pipe. The water allowed to heat by turning on the gas regulator.
Gas water heater initially comes with a thermostat, so that you can measure the temperature and set it according to your requirement. The gas water heater comes in different sizes designed to fulfill each family’s requirement. Among the sizes available, the 75-gallon gas water heater is the most commonly used because of the more extensive storage for hot water.
If you are someone living in the cold region, you already know hot water is something you use daily such as for doing laundry, bath, washing clothes, dishwashing, and for many other purposes. Or even if you live in a warmer region, it is best to consider future needs; when winter season hits, it will surely be of use. You might even have relatives visiting sometimes.
It is highly advisable to install a 75-gallon water heater because it is more convenient as you won’t run out of hot water quickly. Nobody wants to keep heating the water, again and again, the 75-gallon gas water heater might take some time to heat the water, but once you heat the water, you don’t have to worry about running out of hot water in between.
Now let’s look at why the gas water heater is better than an electric water heater. Well, the first thing is that the gas water heater has a more exceptional recovery process as it is built in a way to fill up the water that is used up and heats the water quickly. In contrast, the electric water heater does not allow recovering the water loss. Also, in the case of a gas water heater, the heating elements are simple to change, unlike the electric water heater.
You can replace the Thermo coupling, burner assembly, and the gas control valve quickly when its time to repair, but in an electric water heater, you can only change the heating element. The best thing about the gas water heater is that it does not require electricity to operate, unlike an electric water heater. It means that you can save a great deal of energy.
The gas water heater is also a cheaper option for a water heater and is easy to install. The insulation build in the gas water heater is a lot thinner than the electric water heater so that the gas water heater can hold water longer. Another plus point about a gas water heater is that you can adjust the heat according to your requirements.
Table of Contents
- Gas Water Heaters Buyer’s Guide
- List of the best 75-gallon gas water heaters that are available on the market at the moment
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Gas Water Heaters
- What is the best 75-gallon gas water heater?
- How much is a 75-gallon gas water heater?
- How do I choose a gas water heater?
- Which brand of gas water heater is best?
- Related posts:
Gas Water Heaters Buyer’s Guide
In case you plan on purchasing a gas water heater, here is a list of features to look at while doing so:
- Automatic off option: Consider purchasing a water heater that comes with an automated control system. This feature is not only essential in water heaters but for all the home appliances. With this feature, you don’t have to worry about unnecessary energy consumption as it would automatically turn off the gas when you put off the pilot.
- Size and Design: It is also essential to consider the size of the water heater as some water heater takes up so much space. Thankfully, now gas water heaters are built more efficiently, which takes up less space.
- Safety: This feature is significant to consider. Make sure the water heater comes built with safety measures such as pilot Thermo cut- off device that cuts of the current when it is heated to a specific temperature.
- Power Consumption: Make sure to look for a water heater that offers less energy consumption. Especially for those who utilize hot water everyday living in a cold region, you don’t want to add up to your electricity bill. So it is highly advisable to purchase a water heater that consumes less energy.
- Water Storage capacity: Consider choosing a more extensive water storage capacity unless you are someone who barely uses hot water. In that case, you can go for a smaller quantity of water heater. But getting a bigger capacity water heater will be a better option as you don’t have to worry about running out of hot water.
- Rust Resistance: When you chose a water heater, it is vital to consider that the heater is rust resistance. Since water heater stores up water, you don’t want your water heater to rust causing unnecessary problems.
List of the best 75-gallon gas water heaters that are available on the market at the moment
1. Rheem 75 Gallon Commercial Gas Water Heater
The Rheem-Ruud gas water heater comes with a 75-gallon water storage system. This product comes with great features. Concerned about this water heater taking up too much space? Don’t worry; this product is designed in such a way that it would not take up much of your area, unlike other big tanks that take up the entire space. It comes with a secure retrofit application system that you can change quickly and has an 80% build-in thermal effectiveness. What makes this product even more special is that it is flexible for installation. Also, this gas water heater is designed with energy-saving combustion. If you plan on buying a gas water heater, this product will be an excellent choice as the burner of this heater is designed with stainless steel and is easy for maintenance.
- Takes up less space for installation
- Easy to operate
- Energy efficient
2. Rheem-Ruud 75 Gals. Commercial Gas Water Heater
Rheem –Ruud gas water heater is another highly recommended gas water heater. One of the great features that make this product unique is that this gas water heater comes with an automatic control system. This heater is designed in such a way that it allows us to turn off the gas automatically once the pilot is put off. Also, this water heater has magnesium anode rods installed that offer an extended tank life. This gas water heater is built with a unique coat of temperature porcelain enamel that offers extensive rust resistance. So this heater provides a temperature range of 80-160 degrees F and a height of about 64 inches.
- Automatic Turn off control system
- Provides rust-resistance
- Great recovery process
3. Rheem 75 gal. Residential Gas Water Heater 100 BtuH
Rheem gas water heater is another excellent option if you are planning on purchasing a gas water heater. So this water heater comes with a capacity of 75 gal water storage, and it utilizes natural gas. Some of the many reasons why you should get this gas water heater is that it is very efficient and comes with a low Nox burner, which means it is environment friendly. Also, this water heater is designed with a standard vent connection system, which is excellent as the venting pipe acts as a chimney, bringing out the exhausted gas from inside the water heater to the open doors. For someone who uses a lot of hot water in a day, this product will be a great choice as it comes with a 90% recovery, so you run out of hot water quickly. It offers a temperature range of 80-160 degrees F.
- Energy efficient
- Standard vent connection
- It offers a 90% recovery speed.
4. Rheem 76 Gallon Commercial Water Heater G76-200
This Rheem gas water heater is another great choice with excellent features. This product comes with 76-gallon water capacity and is versatile for the new installation. This water heater is designed in such a way to curtail the adversity of replacing the heat elements. As this water heater comes with a bigger capacity for water storage, it is excellent for applications demanding higher quantities of hot water. Another reason why you should get this water heater is that it is built on a space saver design as nobody likes to install anything that takes up too much space. This product also comes with an automatic flue damper that regulates airflow drawing gas build up in the water heater and protects pests from getting into the water storage.
- Easy to replace heat elements
- Space saver
- Installation of flue damper
5. 75 gal. Residential Gas Water Heater
This Rheem gas water heater is built with a 75 gal water storage. It uses natural gas to operate and delivers about 100 gallons of hot water in the first hour. Therefore this water heater is excellent for families with a more number. This gas water heater is also ideal for higher application demands. Rheem water heater is highly efficient, and the tank is long-lasting as it is protected by a premium anode rod. Another great thing about this product is that it is maintenance-free, which means it does not require any filters to clean up. This water filter offers excellent performance and is easy to install and operate.
- Energy efficient
- Simple to install and operate
6. Reliance 75 Gallon Gas Water Heater
Reliance gas water heater provides 75 gallons of water storage and runs on natural gas. It is designed with a 4-inch venting pipe that draws out the exhausted gas from the water heater. If you plan on purchasing a gas water heater, this Rheem water heater is another great option. This water heater is insulated with foam that helps to protect the tank and prevents it from developing cracks. So this water heater is built on a flammable vapor design that prevents any possible fire. The pilot of this water heater is assembled with a Thermo cut off system that cuts off the electric current when the heater is heated to a specific temperature. So overall, this water heater is an excellent choice as it is built on safety terms and offers high performance.
- Foam insulation that provides tank protection
- Flammable vapor design
- Thermo-cut off device for safety
- No NOx emission installed
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Gas Water Heaters
What is the best 75-gallon gas water heater?
Rheem-Ruud water heater is considered to be one of the best 75-gallon water heaters as it offers excellent features. This water heater is easy for installation and replacement of heat elements. It is energy efficient and does not take up much space.
How much is a 75-gallon gas water heater?
In terms of pricing, the gas water heater is available in different price ranges. If you are opting for a cheaper one, you might get it from around 2000$ – 5000$. It depends on the variety you are looking for and on the quality of the water heater.
How do I choose a gas water heater?
When you look for a gas water heater, make sure to look for water heaters that offer features like energy efficiency, safety features, rust resistance, etc. Also, the capacity of water storage depending on how many people will be using it or how often you use hot water.
Which brand of gas water heater is best?
If you are looking for the best gas water heater, Rheem-Ruud and Reliance brands are two of the best brands that provide high quality and excellent performance water heater. These two brands offer great features.
Nowadays, people are starting to replace the old electric water heaters into gas water heaters because gas water heaters are more efficient and also easy to install. This type of gas water heaters is specially designed to save energy consumption. Gas water heaters are more reliable as it has a recovery system that allows to fill up the water loss and heat it quickly. With technological advancement, the gas water heater now comes with a low NOx feature, which is environmentally friendly. Gas water heaters are very convenient and easy to operate.