This article will review some of the best 12v air compressors for truck tires available on the market. You can pick one up from the products listed below according to your need! You do not have to worry about wasting your money on a below-par product at all! Each of the products listed has its perks, and some of the bonuses will match your needs!
Trucks are one of the essential heavy-duty vehicles out there. It is built to handle the harshest environments and carry the most massive payloads on the road. Being the driver of a truck is a job of responsibility and passion.
But no matter how rugged the build of a machine is, in the end, it can break down or get caught up in a snare. A truck operator will never want to come across the scenario of a flat tire without a spare in hand. It isn’t very comforting! So, in the case where you need to pump up your flat tire, you’ll need an air compressor. It is easily one of the handiest and essential tools in a truck driver’s arsenal.
Before you dig into the review, here is a handy buyer’s guide so that you can get things started!
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide – What to Look For When Buying an Air Compressor for Truck Tires
- List Of The Best 12v Air Compressors for Truck Tires
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is PSI?
- How to power the compressor?
- How long can you use the compressor continuously?
- How fast can a compressor inflate a tire?
- Can the compressor be used to inflate other things?
- Does the compressor air hose fit into everything?
- Related posts:
Also, check out our article where we reviewed the best 120-volt portable air compressors here: https://www.bestof.info/best-120-volt-portable-air-compressors/.
Buyer’s Guide – What to Look For When Buying an Air Compressor for Truck Tires
Before buying an air compressor for your truck tire, keep these things in mind so that you can understand your best use scenario:
The air compressor should be portable. You will need to carry it with yourself in the truck and move it around when needed. Therefore the compressor should be small and lightweight.
It should have ample power. Truck tires are heavy and thick; this makes it hard to inflate. The air compressor should have enough air power depending upon the design and toughness of your tires.
The compressor should have high longevity. Compressors, along with the truck, will need to withstand some harsh conditions. Therefore the compressor should be able to work in different environmental and physical conditions.
The compressor should have the right voltage. You might not find the right conditions to power the compressor from an external power source in harsh conditions. In that case, you can only use your car battery. The compressor should be 12 volts for it to run off of the car battery.
The compressor should come with a long extension tube. Every truck model is different and, along with it, its wheelbase design. The compressor’s inflation tube should be long enough to reach all of the wheels efficiently.
These are a few key things you need to keep in mind while buying your air compressor. Also, note that these points vary according to your needs; therefore, you have a fair bit of flexibility.
Now, keeping all these things aside, we can jump straight into the review of some of the best compressors that we could find after scavenging all over Amazon. Make sure to read the full article to find out your best match!
List Of The Best 12v Air Compressors for Truck Tires
1. BELEY Portable 12V Portable Air Compressor for Car, Truck, SUV Tires
This double-barrel direct drive air compressor can turn out 480 watts of power, inflating your tire within a few minutes max!
Furthermore, the extension tube stretches up to 5 meters for those tight inflation jobs. The Beley Portable is made with high-quality materials making it tough, capable of withstanding extreme temperature conditions.
- It can operate in temperatures of – 40 degrees, ideal for cold country travel.
- It has an attached silencer for keeping everything silent and stealthy.
- Maximum pressure of 200PSI and operates on 12V.
- It is made with high-quality metal giving it high durability and strength.
- Moreover, with a 7kg weight and a 5-meter extension tube, it is easy to handle.
- It can process 150L of air per minute.
2. TIREWELL 12V Portable Tire Inflator for Trucks
The TIREWELL 12V can be kept in a cramped place because of its narrow cylindrical body. This design, paired with the four support rods and rubber feet, make it quiet and extremely stable.
The motor equipped with the inflator is a double cylinder direct drive which operated at 12 volts. It can output air at a pressure of 150PSI, making it ideal for truck tires.
- It has a significant space-conscious design; can fit in small gaps easily!
- The body is made up of high-quality metal, and the 4-rod design makes it extremely sturdy.
- It does not move around while operating because of the high grip rubber feet.
- Lightweight at 8 pounds, therefore, is easy to move around.
3. ALL-TOP Heavy Duty Portable 12V Air Compressors
The ALL-TOP is fully equipped for any terrain with its sand proof power switch and top of the line safety features.
This is one of the more flexible compressors out of the bunch as it can adapt itself with the 6ft. Power cable and its 26ft air hose. Furthermore, it has included nozzle adapters to fit on almost all tires properly.
- It has a full metal body with aluminum cylinders for high longevity and added strength.
- This compressor has a thermal regulated cut off switch and safety valves for keeping the motor safe under any condition.
- It carries a powerful motor with 150PSI air pressure.
- This product is effortless to use on any vehicle with its long power cable and air hose.
- It is a bit heavy at 16 pounds.
4. GSPSCN 12-Volt Portable Air Compressor
The GSPSCN can fit into a toolbox. That explains how portable it is! But despite the small size, it works in a double cylinder technology that can pump out air at 150PSI.
The compressor has a lot of added accessories like a built-in light and a tire repair kit! This makes it more functional than other compressors.
The motor can run off the car’s cigarette lighter, which provides 12 volts. Therefore it is both comfortable and efficient to use.
- The compressor has an extremely portable design; the complimentary carrying case/toolbox amplifies this.
- The inbuilt light helps to operate it at night.
- The complimentary toolbox helps you repair tires as well.
- The 12ft air hose is fitted with anti-rust connectors for high longevity.
5. GSPSCN Portable 12V Air Compressor Pump
The GSPSCN is made for the deserts. With its dust cover and tightly-sealed body, it can handle dusty environments easily.
The compressor comes with different nozzle attachments to help you with inflating other things as well. The 150PSI motor pumps out 72L of air per minute and can inflate your tires within 5 minutes more or less.
- The compressor comes with different nozzle attachments for ease of inflating additional items.
- The dust cover, along with a fully enclosed body, makes it dust and sand resistant.
- It has a runtime of 20 minutes on and off, making it efficient for inflating more than one tire in one session.
- It can run off of your car battery using included clips for maximum power.
6. 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator with Gauge
The 12V DC Air Compressor keeps safety and longevity in mind while functioning. Its safety features include an external fuse, vibration proof, and slip-proof support, overheat auto shut off mechanism, and more.
The compressor allows for generous connectivity chords, ranging from 1ft to 20ft, including the different power and air cables. Furthermore, the compressor comes with a universal tire fixing kit as an exclusive offer.
- The body is made up of hard metals and plastic, making it extremely durable.
- The thermal overhead switch keeps the compressor safe even if you lose track of the runtime.
- Heatshield and heat sink design make the compressor run cold even when it’s hot outside.
- It has a low airflow at 35L/min when compared to other compressors.
7. FORUP 12-Volt Dual Cylinder Air Compressor Pump with Digital Display
The FORUP Dual Cylinder is ‘efficiency in a cute shape.’ It’s small and portable but packs in a powerful punch.
Features like the twist connector, the in-built LED lights, preset PSI functionality, LCD makes using the compressor easy and efficient.
Furthermore, the 15-minute runtime offers ample time to inflate more than one tire in a sitting.
- It has an accurate and informative LCD instead of the old-styled mechanical pressure gauge.
- You can set PSI presets to let the compressor automatically shut down when the level is reached.
- It provides ease of use with the 10ft power cable and the long air hose.
8. GSPSCN Silver 12-V Tire Air Compressor
This is the third compressor in our list from GSPSCN and provides stable and robust working.
The compressor has a 150PSI engine with 70L/min airflow, enabling you to inflate your tires within a few minutes. Its design keeps it both quiet and keeps the feet skid-free.
- 150PSI powerful dual cylinder and direct drive engine enable powerful and fast inflation.
- Skid free and quiet design for efficient usage in an outdoor environment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is PSI?
PSI is the abbreviation of pressure per inch. Each compressor has a different level of PSI that it can reach. It is essential to know the PSI because it should inflate your tire up to a precise pressure.
If the tire is under-inflated, there are chances of rupture or bursts.
How to power the compressor?
Usually, the compressors have a cigarette lighter socket adapter. You can plug this into your car’s cigarette lighter socket and power up the compressor. But for this to work, the socket must output the needed voltage.
Nearly all of the compressors come with power connectors that can directly power it from the battery. At times this is a better option than the cigarette lighter socket.
How long can you use the compressor continuously?
There is a limit to which you can use the compressor continuously. After a while, the compressor starts to heat, and too much heating can kill the motor fast.
Usually, the compressors come with auto-off mechanisms that shut down the compressor after a while. The mechanism can also turn it off when it heats up to a specific temperature.
If the compressor does not have this feature, then the ideal method to operate it is to use it for 15 to 20 minutes, then give it a break for an equal length of time.
How fast can a compressor inflate a tire?
This varies according to different compressors. It is dependent on the power of the motor and the number of cylinders it has. You can judge this by the amount of air it pumps out every minute, denoted by ‘L/min’ or liter per minute.
The ideal values should be at least somewhere around 70 – 75L/min to inflate a truck type. This should be able to inflate your truck tires within a few minutes.
If the compressor does not pump out 70-75L/min, it does not mean that it won’t work. It means that it will take more time to inflate your tire fully. If your truck has big tires, that might become time-consuming.
Can the compressor be used to inflate other things?
The compressors usually can inflate a lot of stuff, keeping aside car tires. It can inflate bike tires, bicycle tires, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, and more.
It can also inflate the kid’s toys and inflatable boats/mattresses. The only thing you need to keep in mind is the PSI at which the compressor is working.
If the PSI is more than what the item can handle, it might burst. Some compressors have the option to set a predefined PSI, which others do not. If it does not have a PSI level feature, then keep checking the item to see if it is fully inflated or not.
Does the compressor air hose fit into everything?
The air hose that comes with the air compressor comes with a single hose fitting. Usually, that is fore tires only, but you can use nozzle attachments to work with different items.
Air compressors are handy if you spend most of the time on the road. You might get trapped in a place where there are no petrol pumps or no one to help you. In those circumstances, you can be self-dependent and fix your tires in no time at all!